Supermassive Games is looking for a highly talented and enthusiastic Technical Artist to play a key role in the studio.
The primary role of this position is to create high quality animation rigs and deformation for characters, creatures and props, as well as working closely with the art and animation teams to improve the quality and efficiency of the content workflow.
Key skills and Responsibilities
The main and routine tasks of this position are:
- Working with the animation team to define and create animation rigs for characters, creatures and props.
- Own the skinning and deformation process for a variety of rigged assets.
- Act as the bridge across both technical and creative disciplines.
- Comfortable with all forms of character / prop deformation (bones, blend shapes, displacement maps, runtime cloth and joint physics etc.).
- Create tools and scripts which increase productivity of the animation team and other content creators.
- Debug problems in engine and provide solutions.
- Foresee potential issues and communicate effectively to department leads.
- Critique assets on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement and ensure quality across the game within defined budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Technical Artist, working on at least one AAA title.
- Understanding of rigging pipelines and able to provide solutions to complex deformation models.
- Understanding of art authoring packages and transitioning data to engine.
- Experience using Unreal Engine would be an advantage.
- Additional knowledge of any of the following would be an advantage: Maya scripting languages, Python, Maya API, Python QT, Motionbuilder, Anatomy.
The candidate should have:
- A drive to constantly push art quality and try out new ideas.
- Good collaboration with members of the animation and character teams.
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Why Join Us?
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events - including large summer party
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games