TrustedHousesitters is a global pet care travel exchange; a two-sided digital marketplace of owners and sitters that’s growing rapidly through our unique combination of product, proposition, marketing and community building. Our small but mighty team has a collaborative and supportive culture. We’re passionate about pets, people and travel; continuously searching for the win, win, win that makes everyone’s lives easier, travel kinder on the pet and enables a more sustainable travel footprint.
We're fully in scale-up mode and have grown to be the only global platform of its kind. In the last few years, we’ve consistently achieved high year-on-year growth. Thanks to strong tailwinds in the pet and travel industry in the post-Covid world, 2022 has been our strongest year so far. We facilitate the perfect match between pet owners who want to leave their pets in safe hands and pet sitters looking to enjoy the companionship of pets whilst they travel.
We've recently made the transition to a remote-first business, however we've retained a HQ in central Brighton which is available for collaborative working and in-person meetups.
We are looking for a passionate analyst to join a growing Analytics & Insight team. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Dealing with large data sets from various sources, you will be generating insight by analysing web, app and member data. Whether you are generating reports, dashboards or larger research projects you will be providing various teams with the information they need to improve their processes and make critical decisions. As well as fielding data requests from around the business, analysts sit within a Product squad to support that Product roadmap with analysis and insight. You will use various tools to extract data from standard web analytics tools like Google Analytics, or use SQL to extract customer data from our data warehouse. You will also be dealing with the tag management and event tracking required for our customer data platform, Segment.
Salary for this role is up to £45k DOE
- Ideally at least 1 year of experience working as an analyst, though we are also willing to consider candidates with other relevant experience in an academic environment.
- Demonstrable ability to produce high-quality, automated reports and dashboards
- Expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, SQL, BI tools, and web analytics packages (Google Analytics, Amplitude etc)
- Some knowledge of, or an interest in, statistics and data science (Python, R, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at writing queries, producing reports and presenting findings
- An eagerness to learn how to use new systems and analytics tools
- Qualifications in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics would be useful but are not a requirement
- Interpreting data, analysing results and providing reports and dashboards
- Acquiring data from various sources and QA/maintaining those sources
- Identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Presenting insight back to the business, enabling data driven decisions
- Working with a Product Manager to gather data requirements as new features are developed and tested
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Fully remote work
- Discretionary 10% annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday annually
- Pension scheme: 5% from you as an employee and 3% from TrustedHousesitters
- Premium TrustedHousesitters pet owner and sitter membership which includes benefits like airport lounge passes, sit cancellation insurance, and home and contents insurance for sits
- Our team have an unlimited housesitting allowance, can work remotely from their sits, and TrustedHousesitters will contribute up to £500 per year towards travel costs
- £200 annually towards home office equipment
- Monthly working from home stipend
- Find a rescue pet to join your family and we’ll cover the adoption fees, as well as paternity to help any pet settle into their new home
- We host a quarterly all expenses paid meetup, and will fund team events (remote or in person) throughout the year
- We can cover costs of personal development resources, and have regular time set aside for personal development
- Health Insurance plan, including dental (Bupa)
- Brighton Bikeshare
- Recruitment Referral Bonus
- Access to Spaces Locations across the globe
If you're ready to join us on our mission to become the most loved pet travel solution, we'd love to hear from you.