So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can for our customers and for each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do:
In your role as Solution Architect you will be pivotal in shaping the technical strategy of So Energy; helping to shape our methodology by defining, delineating and documenting our processes in order to identify and solve complex problems. This is a super exciting time to be part of the new Architecture team here at So Energy, working on greenfield projects you will have autonomy to work in an agile environment to understand our solutions, work with data metrics and deliver on our strategic architectural roadmap.
- Work with other Architects to grow the technical strategy. Our architecture team has a diverse mix of architects and analysts with a wide range of skills, experiences and focuses.
- Work with product teams to technically scope out product initiatives and produce documentation ready for Engineering teams to refine. Whilst sitting within the Architecture team you will work closely with product teams to help design industry-leading approaches, and partner with engineering teams to provide advice and oversight.
- Work with cross-functional Engineering teams to provide oversight and ensure technical standards are upheld (security, extensibility, etc.). We have a diverse tech stack including Kotlin, Ruby on Rails & Vue. We are converting our existing platform to a microservices architecture using Kotlin, Kubernetes and Google Cloud with the objective being a robust, performant, scalable and maintainable system that goes far beyond just our website. And we are leveraging AI and large-scale language models to offer our customers a step change improvement in service.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship. Our architecture team has a diverse mix of architects and analysts with a wide range of skills, experiences and focuses.
- Communicate with a range of stakeholder types both technical, and non-technical, and both internal and external. The successful candidate joining this team must be a self-starter, work directly with a wide range of stakeholders, lead technical initiatives and drive success.
- Be a force for innovation and change and strive for technical excellence.
- Strong DevOps, SRE and Infrastructure/Security based experience welcomed.
- We are leveraging AI and large-scale language models and would love to receive profiles with AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Natural Language Processing coming with the requirements seeking.
Our Technical Stack:
- GCP and AWS
So Energy care about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attach an up to date version of your CV.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Solution orientated and open to new ways of thinking.
- T-shaped technical knowledge of web-based technologies. Ideally the aforementioned.
- Understanding of architectural conventions. Ideally with experience of Microservices.
- Proven track record of successful solution architecture.
- £70,000 - £90,000 salary DOE plus up to 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Hybrid remote working policy
- L&D budget
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideas and fosters collaboration across the business
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perk-box including the Wellness Hub
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance 4x base salary