Job Title: Product Director
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: £150k-200k and up to 30% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a hardworking and driven Product Director to support us on our journey.
As our Product Director you will be responsible for leading the development of our product roadmap and driving innovation across our organisation. You will work closely with our engineering, design, and wider business teams to identify new opportunities and develop new digital propositions that meet the needs of our customers.
What you will be working on:
• Drive a cross functional product delivery model across the bank and help the organisation transform and embed the necessary culture to make it a success.
• Manage roadmap and prioritisation of strategy delivery across the executive and board teams of Tandem
• Develop and execute on our Product roadmap
• Work closely with engineering, design, and wider business teams to identify new opportunities and develop new products
• Drive innovation across the organisation
• Manage the product development process from ideation to launch
• Define and track key performance metrics for our products
• Work closely with our sales and marketing teams to ensure to ensure successful product launches
What we're looking for:
• 5+ years of experience in product management
• Experience of working in a start-up environment
• Strong understanding of the fintech industry
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
Our rewards are getting a big update, with enhancements due to land throughout 2023!
· 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
· 1 day off for your birthday
· Electric Vehicle scheme
· Free cereal and snacks in the office
· Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
· Perkbox for treats and discounts
· Pension contribution matched up to 4%
· 2 days per year paid volunteering
Take part in our Green Deal
· Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
· Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
· Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
· Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
· Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Recruitment at Tandem works primarily on a direct sourcing model and does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list. We are not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.