Role: Startup Associate
Salary: £26,000 plus equity
Post probation salary uplift and bonus payment subject to targets delivered.
Vestd is the UK’s first and most advanced share scheme platform for startups, scaleups and SMEs. We’re an innovative, fast growing fintech startup with big ambitions. Our team is on a mission to increase equity inclusion - because more sustainable companies and happier employees is a win-win.
We’re growing and we’re looking for a Startup Associate to help us get closer to our goal.
As Startup Associate you will be a critical member of the Sales Team, playing a key role in the customer journey.
Your primary focus will be to foster relationships with potential partners for our early stage startups offering, booking meetings with the decision makers at startup hubs, incubators, accelerators and VC’s.
You’ll be excited about researching and building a deeper understanding/picture of our customers and apply this knowledge to pursuing strong, quality leads with a personalised approach.
You’ll thrive by taking ownership of initiatives and feel safe to spread your entrepreneurial wings to identify and develop new leads.
You’ll also be enthusiastic about finding valuable trends, insights and data that will inform our Marketing and Sales Teams to continually improve their strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being ahead of the curve; sourcing new and exciting business opportunities.
- Being the first point of contact by creating meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and equity consultants.
- Set qualified meetings with the Sales Team
- Attend demo days and events with partners across London
- Share research and development opportunities back to your line manager, with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results to align with business aims.
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities.
- Schedule product demonstrations and collaborate with the Sales Team to qualify customers, build a pipeline, and drive opportunities.
- Creatively generate early engagement opportunities which capture, inform and educate leads about Vestd, re-engaging with our contact database to reignite interest and opportunities.
- Being tech-minded, you will maximise on what you can achieve through a multichannel approach (emails, Linkedin messages, calls etc.) whilst taking an intelligent and proven approach to utilising sequence and automation best practice.
- You will use marketing content to engage and interact with our prospects.
Who are we looking for?
We strive to build a diverse team and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We believe that unique differences are what makes a strong team and are actively committed to building an inclusive work environment.
We would like to hear from candidates who meet at least a few of the following criteria:
- Recent experience (minimum 1 year) in a SDR / business development role within a start-up, outbound sales, or B2B Saas business.
- Prior lead generation or sales prospecting experience.
- Excellent phone and email skills and the ability to quickly assess customer opportunities.
- Using various channels (LinkedIn, email, video and call) to effectively and engage with prospects.
- An ability to cut through the noise from competition on channels stylistically.
- Experience in qualifying prospects and handing over opportunities to BDM.
- Able to analyse complex issues and provide practical and creative solutions.
And to really succeed at Vestd, candidates who are focussed on:
- Getting things done - You'll be working independently and managing your own workload, so you’ll have the organisational skills, initiative and drive to stay on track and achieve your goals. You’ll have a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn, develop and grow.
- Communicating & Influencing - You'll be building relationships with a wide range of senior executives, ensuring they have the information they need to go forward with Vestd. You’ll be emotionally intelligent and be able to develop rapport, credibility and adapt your style as required. You'll be able to make complex messages simple and ensure you’re understood.
Why work for Vestd?
Your work with us will make an impact and your voice will be heard. We are a diverse team with a strong work ethic and plenty of hunger to win. Our team works remotely, so you will have a lot of flexibility in terms of where, when and how you work, but what matters most is your contribution. We will give you as much support as you need along the way, though you should have a strong desire for autonomy, which is one of our company values.
Here are the award-winning benefits you can look forward to as one of our folk:
- 100% remote, no commuting!
- A flexible working environment to help you achieve the best work/life balance.
- Equity, of course!
- Team retreats twice a year (subject to COVID restrictions), which includes an overnight stay and a big focus on fun and team cohesion.
- A personal training and personal development budget to keep your career and professional growth on track.
- Great team ethos, connect through regular team and company socials.
- Budget to get set up with your essential home working equipment
- Monthly recognition scheme, where we celebrate our folk.
If all that sounds like a good fit then we can’t wait to hear from you.
To apply, please:
- We are looking to fill this role quickly, so don’t wait to submit your application.
- We'll get back in touch via email and if successful you will be invited to complete our interview process.
- You will need to be primarily London-based and eligible to work in the UK.