📍Remote in the UK 🇬🇧 | 💰 £30,000 - £38,000 (with additional room for development and growth before reaching ceiling) + stock options + Benefits
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
Our business banking product, Best Business Banking App at the 2022 British Bank Awards, is built for our customers, making it simple for small businesses to pay and get paid.
About our Financial Crime Customer Operations team:
Our Financial Crime Customer Operations team is at the heart of how we protect Monzo and our customers from economic crimes such as fraud and money laundering.
In our FinCrime Business Banking team, we protect Monzo and our customers throughout the lifecycle of our business customers. We conduct due diligence on our customers during onboarding and during their life with us. We conduct investigations, report and exit accounts where suspicious activity is identified.
What you’ll be working on:
We’re searching for exceptional individuals, blending expertise in preventing financial crime and team leadership, to join our Financial Crime Operations team as FInCrime Business Banking Team Managers.
You will lead a team of around 11 FinCrime Investigator, focused on a suite of FinCrime tasks across our Business Banking accounts, ensuring control as we onboard businesses and monitor throughout their lifecycle.
As a Team Manager, you will be responsible for managing the personal and professional development of your team members, providing technical coaching on financial crime tasks, driving exceptional individual and collective performance, guiding individuals through hard times and celebrating their successes.
You’ll hold weekly meetings with your team members (both individually and together as a team) to ensure everyone is informed, engaged, and performing in their roles. You’ll also be responsible for aggregating the feedback that your team provides in these meetings and feeding it into operational leadership, to ensure we continue to improve on our processes and tooling.
Team Managers are also heavily involved in our hiring processes, and regularly act as interviewers - so you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the team as it continues to grow.
- Managing the personal & professional development of approximately 11 Financial Crime Investigators
- Fostering an empathetic, high-performance culture in the team
- Providing technical coaching, feedback, and advice relating to financial crime tasks including Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Know Your Customer (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Transaction Monitoring and Subject Access Request (SAR) writing
- Analysing and driving improvement in team performance, and reporting relevant insights
- Monitoring and maintaining service level adherence on the work completed by the team
- Aggregating feedback from the team, and ensuring it’s passed on to inform business change
- Communicating and embedding change within the team
- Contributing to a strong control environment by minimising breaches and risk events
- Reviewing complaints attributed to the team and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Conducting job interviews for Financial Crime Investigators and contributing to hiring decisions
- Chairing employee relations cases and making decisions consistent with Monzo’s values
You should apply if:
- Experience in conducting due diligence and investigation on businesses in a business banking or financial crime setting
- Experience in Financial Crime, specifically exposure in business customer Know Your Customer (KYC), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Experience leading teams of people (this does not need to be in financial crime or fraud)
- Experience managing employee relations cases
- Experience taking individuals and teams from a position of underperformance to high performance
- Experience accurately interpreting and representing complex management information
- You hold or are working towards an appropriate qualification in financial crime or a relevant subject
- You are able to become fluent with MacOS, Slack, and GSuite tools
- You have great time management skills, experience of managing conflicting priorities and prioritising time sensitive workloads
The Interview Process:
- An initial call with a member of the hiring team 📞
- A 2 part Leadership and Technical interview with leaders in the FinCrime team 💻 (
- A final chat with the Hiring Manager 🗣️
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for you:
💰 £30,000 - £38,000 (with additional room for development and growth before reaching ceiling)
📍This role is fully remote / requires full-time home working. This is a full time position working 37.5hrs a week, 9am - 5:30pm. Occasional weekend work will be required (usually a few weekends throughout the year).
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in ourblog, 2022Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.