So Energy was created in 2015 because we knew energy suppliers could be better. Since then, we’re grown rapidly but sustainably, with 300,000+ customers and over 300 So Energists. But, we’re not done. We’re on the road to a million customers by the end of 2026 and, thanks to our recent merger with ESB Energy, we’re well on the way. We’re tech first, we’re customer-centric and we’re passionate about sustainability.
We want to do the best we can by our customers and by each other, so we’ve created a workplace that is encouraging, supportive and offers the opportunity for growth. As a company, we live by six core values that guide everything we do.
The Head of Metering is responsible for overseeing the delivering of So Energy’s Metering function including but not limited to supporting customer care with specialist metering knowledge, and rolling out a successful smart metering installation program in line with So Energy’s license obligations and settlements.
- Leadership of all metering activities within So Energy
- Delivery of all meter related targets, including smart meter installation
- Effective operational management of key external partner relationships including MAP, MAM and industry bodies.
- Direct line management of the Metering Team.
- Maintain close collaboration and clear communication with internal departments to ensure the right decisions ae made in the interests of our customers
- Own regular reporting of prerational performance against KPIs and maintaining KPIs within their team With your natural leadership skills ensure that So Energy is a great place to work with high standards of behaviour and professionalism
- You have in-depth experience of metering in the electricity and gas sector and can hit the ground running in this role
- You have a delivery mindset and thrive on hitting challenging targets
- You have strong operational experience driving efficiencies and change in a scaling B2C business
- You have an eye for data and using data to drive a metering operation
- You are can juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced industry
- You possess strong leadership skills with a passion for motivating and developing your team
- Competitive salary plus 10% performance-related bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Last Friday of each month nibbles and drinks in the office
- Great reward and recognition
- Join a unique culture that embraces people's ideals and fosters collaboration across the business
- Use of the Hastee platform to access some of your pay in a pinch
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Access to Perkbox+ including the Wellness Hub and Salary Sacrifice Tech Purchase scheme
- Life assurance 4x base salary
At So Energy, our employees are just as important to us as our customers. We will provide training and support your development throughout your career.
So Energy cares about helping the energy industry become a much more diverse and inclusive environment and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and building an inclusive environment for all. As an equal opportunity employer, there are also several steps we take to accommodate candidates and employees with disabilities including additional time on tests during the interview process and specialist equipment for those employees that require it.
If you are interested in finding out more please apply, make sure to complete all the questions to the best of your ability and attached an up-to-date version of your CV.