Sweep is hiring a Carbon & Sustainable Finance Intern to work on our enterprise climate and ESG programme software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
For this 6 months Internship contract your responsibilities will be dual-focused:
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Carbon & Sustainable Finance activities: Onboard, implement, research, assist 🔍
- Support ongoing mission with financial actors or portfolio companies looking to calculate their financed emissions or report their ESG metrics through Sweep (creation of accounts, simple data integration, create of onboarding/implementation/wrap-up decks)
- Assist the implementation teams with finance customer’s Carbon & ESG campaigns (creation and maintenance of a FAQ, support duty via Intercom)
- Conduct customer training sessions and assist customers in the deployment and adoption of Sweep
2. Finance Success and Marketing: Guide customers through their journey to becoming more sustainable 👫
- Develop internal and external training materials Sweep School (creation of new content, update the actual courses, integrate video recording to our online learning platform)
- Help prepare events and webinar with our customers and partners in order to facilitate customer success stories
- Help write articles about carbon accounting and reduction strategies, covering best practices and methodologies
3. Additional Tasks: Participate in various team-oriented activities 🌱
- Actively contribute in team meetings (standup, planning, etc.)
- Develop and deliver internal carbon education sessions
- Attend and participate in Sweep events
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- Pursuing a master's degree in business & management, carbon finance, environmental science, finance or a related field
- Looking for an end of studies internship of 4 to 6 months, starting Q3 2023
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of carbon and ESG-related topics such as climate change, corporate climate strategies, carbon accounting, reduction strategies, Sustainable Finance regulus, ESG Standards and Initiatives
- Experience with customer relationship
- Proficient in conducting customer training sessions
- Proficient in English
- You're proactive and can identify areas of improvement and potential solutions, taking the initiative to implement these changes.
- Ideally, you should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, handling a variety of tasks. Prioritizing quality over speed, having a passion for problem-solving, and a drive to develop solutions and products are all essential traits.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, coupled with the ability to explain complex concepts in a comprehensive way.
- Finally, you're align with our mission to create a sustainable future and ready to make a difference.
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that has the humble ambition to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re planning to hit the ground running and have an impact fast. Joining this journey right at the beginning allows you to really help shape our path.
Our hybrid work model, with hiring focussed around our head offices in Paris, London and Montpellier, allows us to balance our personal and professional lives while staying connected and engaged with colleagues and clients.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we have a B Corporation status.
We think this will be the ride of our lives. And maybe yours, too.