Company: Honest Mobile
Role: Marketing and Communications Executive
Start Date: The sooner the better
Salary: £30k - £40k depending on experience plus EMI share options
Type: Full time
👋 About Honest
We're changing mobile for good
The mobile phone industry is broken. It’s spent the last couple of decades tying you into complicated contracts, overcharging you for being a loyal customer and keeping you on hold.
The crumbling high street banks have been swept aside by Monzo and Revolut. Yet mobile networks are still stuck in the dark ages using outdated technology, making you wait on hold and overcharging customers millions every year.
We're building a better mobile network, where you know you're on the best plan, your loyalty is rewarded and your conscience is clear. One that’s better for both people and the planet.
We're the UK's first certified B Corp mobile network, we're carbon negative - removing double our carbon footprint, and we've been rated the UK's most ethical mobile network 2 years running.
🦸♂️ The Role
We're looking for a driven, high-energy marketer to work with our brand and growth leads to improve our comms and CRM, and own key customer touch points including email, app notifications and SMS.
You love copywriting, have a good creative eye, you're empathetic and good at understanding customer needs and user journeys. You already have experience writing blogs and newsletters, managing communication campaigns and are comfortable reporting on key CRM performance metrics such as open rates, click rates and CPAs.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Writing and designing automated marketing email flows, with engaging copy and creative, to encourage people to join Honest, refer their friends, help them activate their SIMs and keep existing Honest customers happy.
- Running weekly tests improving different metrics within our CRM (such as open rates and click rates) and reporting on results in weekly growth meetings.
- Leading and writing our monthly newsletter and other campaign emails, tailoring content to different segments, and growing our subscriber list and increasing engagement.
- Writing blog posts and creating top of funnel content that provides value and increases awareness of Honest mobile to help generate prospects/leads.
- Growing Honest's perks - identifying and connecting with ethical and sustainable businesses to provide great value offers to our customers and encourage sustainable switches.
You should apply if:
- You have a passion for writing and strong copywriting skills
- You have an entrepreneurial approach, and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves and getting hands-on
- You have experience working with CRM systems (such as Klaviyo or Hubspot) and building rules based campaigns and automated journeys.
- You are confident designing and building visual emails and email templates.
- You have a strong understanding of data privacy and GDPR.
- You're always looking to grow professionally and are excited about learning new skills.
- You're excited about growing Honest’s transparent, customer centric, sustainability-focussed approach to thousands more people.
- You care about sustainability and making our planet a better place.
- You're excited about working in a dynamic, fast-moving startup 🚀
Bonus points if:
- You have experience using Klaviyo and Hubspot.
- You have SEO experience.
- You have some knowledge and experience with HTML.
- You have experience using Adobe CC.
- You have experience of working with data in a CRM environment (e.g. working with customer data, segmentation personalisation and complex databases).
- You have strong experience with analytics and statistical analysis.
- You have experience managing data in SQL.
- You're happy to be on camera and feature in social media content with other members of the Honest team 🎬
- 🏝️ 34 days holiday (including bank holidays and your birthday off every year)
- 📈 Ownership in Honest Mobile through our EMI option scheme
- 🧘 Flexible hybrid working: work remotely and in the office
- 📱 An Honest SIM and phone, and all the kit you need to do your best work
- 🙋 1 paid volunteering day each year
- 👶 Generous parental leave for all new parents
Why join Honest?
- 📈 A key moment to join Honest after a successful fundraise and before an exciting period of growth.
- 🏅 Backed by top investors including DMGV, WAYRA, Ascension and TinyVC.
- 📚 Fast-learning, entrepreneurial environment where we focus on supporting your growth and personal development.
- ⚖️ We’re building a better network for people and planet. That includes you. Work-life balance is important at Honest.
- The UK’s first B Corp Certified network.
- 💚 The UK’s only Carbon Negative mobile network.
- 😇 Rated UK’s most ethical mobile network two years running.
- 🚀 Help launch industry defining products like Smart SIM.
- 📈 Opportunity to shape the future of Honest as an early stage team member.
The same for everyone at Honest:
- 🧘 Flexible hybrid working: work remotely or in the office, whatever works best for you
- 🇬🇧 UK - based
- 📍 Our office is at Kennington Park, London
- 💻 We'll provide you with all the tools and technology you need to do your best work
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Honest Mobile, embracing diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of changing mobile for good.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
How to apply
Please apply here and tell us why you’re excited about the role. If you don’t include this, your application won’t be reviewed ✌️
We’ll assess your application like this:
- The team will review your application.
- If we think you could be a great fit we’ll invite you to a 20 minute intro call.
- If we both like how the first conversation goes, we’ll ask you to meet some of our marketing team and to carry out or prepare for a short task.
- The final stage of the process will be an interview with the co-founders.