Help us simplify legal transactions
A large segment of the legal industry works on transactional legal processes. Building a wind farm, merging two companies or selling a skyscraper - lawyers help make these things happen and their work is surprisingly similar to planning and leading a technology project. There are documents to be produced, agreements to get signed, and a whole lot of detail to be understood, agreed and made clear. There’s an order in which things need doing and there are stages that need to be complete before you can move on.
For example, how do you make sure that when you buy a building you’re getting all the land you think you’re getting? How do you make sure you don’t fund a wind farm and then find that there is no permission to build it or that the people you funded are scammers? How do you make sure there isn’t an ambiguous clause that’ll make it all go wrong? You get a lawyer to manage the transaction.
Since the dawn of Microsoft Word, this humble word processor has been the default way to manage these legal transactions. We want to change this, by building a platform that allows transactions to be managed online, and in a collaborative way. That means we’re on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. And we’ve been used on transactions in more than 60 countries.
What you’ll be doing
We have 3 cross-functional teams that are currently focused on delivering specific features (so we call them feature teams). Each team is comprised of a product manager, engineers, QA and designers.
We are looking for a product manager to lead one of our feature teams. In this role, you’ll play a pivotal role in executing the product strategy, roadmap, and lifecycle management of our products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, and sales, to ensure successful product development and delivery, as well as ongoing customer satisfaction.
Day-to-day, you will be:
- Collaborating with customers, stakeholders, and internal teams to gather and prioritize product requirements.
- Drafting user stories and feature briefs that enable efficient product development
- Working closely with engineering to refine user stories and turn them into features for customers
- Leading cross-functional teams through the product development lifecycle, including concept ideation, prototyping, design, development, testing, and launch.
- Inspiring your feature team to connect with the company’s cause, bring their best selves to work and love what they do. You will also represent them internally.
- Conducting competitive analysis and market research to stay informed about industry trends, identify product differentiators, and benchmark against competitors.
- Acting as a product evangelist, both internally and externally, by conducting product demonstrations, presentations, and training sessions to educate and engage stakeholders, customers, and sales teams.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for someone with proven experience in SaaS product management. Specifically, we value:
- 2+ years of experience (preferably building products that enable collaboration and/or simplify complex workflows).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Initiative, and a proactive approach to problem-solving
- The ability to drive projects forward independently with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Passion for technology, innovation, and staying updated with industry trends and best practices.
Bonus points (but don’t let these put you off applying) if:
- You have some legal experience.
- You have a background in computer science or another relevant technical field.
We’re interested in hiring a diverse range of candidates from all different backgrounds, so if you’re not sure if you meet our requirements, we’d still love to hear from you.
What we offer you:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays);
- Early Finish Fridays - on the last Friday of every month, we finish early!
- Pension with NEST;
- Personal Learning & Development budget;
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.