Product Designer (Remote)
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools they need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
About this role
- We are looking for a product designer to join our team and help us to build world-leading experiences for our customers and their consumers.
- Product designers at Flipdish play a hands-on role in working closely with both customers and consumers, to help understand and solve their problems every day. We strive to deliver the best possible experience, and we need talented designers to help us do that.
In this job, you’ll
- Embed in one, or more, product teams to drive customer and consumer-focused experiences.
- Oversee the experience from concept to post-launch optimization.
- Research the customer, market and competitors to help understand the problem space.
- Quickly create and iterate designs for usability testing and conversion rate optimisation.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and experimentation.
- Utilise and contribute to our design system, ensuring consistency and quality across our platforms.
- Contribute to strategic and tactical decisions with the rest of the product and design teams.
- Champion accessibility and customer-centricity in the experiences we build.
- Help to build a strong design culture across our organisation.
We’re looking for
- Proven experience designing successful transactional, ecommerce or retail websites and apps.
- Desirable, but not essential, to also have experience doing this for hospitality or food ordering.
- Excellent digital product design skills with a strong portfolio of work.
- Good understanding of UX principles.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to play both leading and supporting roles in a product squad.
- Experience working with and designing for design systems.
- Experience of working with Lean UX and Agile methodologies.
- Strong prototyping skills.
- Familiarity with effective usability research techniques.
- A collaborative, pragmatic and outcome-focused approach to work.
- Some app design experience would be a bonus.
What you get
We’re a growing startup and we understand that amazing incentives will attract amazing talent. As well as the perks, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth. If you’re smart, ambitious, and hard-working, we’ll do whatever it takes to make you a Flipdisher!
Some of our incentives include:
🏡 Flexible working - work in a way that works for you
🌴25 days holidays per year and plenty of company get togethers!
❤️🩹 Healthcare coverage for UK, Irish, and US employees
👩🏾🎓 Access to training and educational sponsorship
🎭 Team meet-ups and social events
🔗 You can read more about our benefits here
🦄 About Flipdish
We’re Flipdish, an Irish unicorn (valued at over $1bn), serving independent restaurants in a world transformed by tech. No matter how fast Flipdish has grown, we’ve evolved around our customers and their needs. We’re not just an end-to-end ecosystem of technology, but a team committed to supporting people in the food industry.
We go to great lengths to understand our customers (check out our C-suite on work experience). We’re food industry natives. We’ve worked in busy kitchens and run busy restaurant franchises. We don’t just help our customers deal with real life problems, we give them a way of competing with the big chains, growing on their own terms, and falling back in love with what they do.
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. Every Wednesday is meeting-free and we get Summer Fridays (Fridays off during the summer). And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
We’re flexible employers. We have teams based on both sides of the Atlantic who get their jobs done both from home and from some of our beautiful offices in bustling cities like New York, London, Barcelona, and Dublin.
So, if you want to join a genuinely friendly team, take a look at our current openings and get in touch. And if you don’t see an opening just yet, do get in touch and register your interest with us anyway. We’ll be in touch as soon as something suitable opens up.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.