📍Cardiff | 💰 £23,500 + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been complicated and confusing. We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
What will you be doing day-to-day? 💬
Customer Operations are the heart of Monzo ❤️ and every Customer Service Adviser has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. You’ll be our customers first point of call and provide support by being honest and transparent with our customers through our calls channel.
You’ll spot patterns and identify potentially vulnerable customers as well as financial crime, referring customers to specialised areas where needed.
We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payment systems work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever the problem is and stop it from happening again.
You’ll also be on point to support your colleagues when you feel ready to do so.
✅ Who we’re looking for:
- Someone that is passionate about building great rapport and providing a fantastic experience that really make a difference to our customers
- Confident and capable of supporting across a broad range of queries, with the ability to verbally explain, simplify and guide our customers to positive resolutions.
- Able to multitask and switch focus in a fast paced environment
- Thrives and is motivated by working towards performance targets
- Comfortable navigating systems and technology
- Has a high standard of written and verbal English.
- A UK resident over the age of 18, currently living in the UK with the right to work in the UK (an offer of employment is subject to satisfactory proof of this)
- Ability to travel to our Cardiff office, as this is an onsite position with hybrid working post-training
- Experience working in a similar calls based customer service role is preferable but not essential
What’s in it for you:
💰 A starting salary of £23,500 with the opportunity to develop and grow your career in a variety of ways. All Monzo team members get share options as part of their package, as well as a host of other benefits.
📍The majority of your time will be spent in the Cardiff office with your team. We’re also set up for working from home and will support work from home days where we can to help maintain your work-life balance.
👨⚕️The option to opt in to Private Healthcare schemes
👩🎓A yearly budget of £1,000 to spend on your professional development
🚀Being part of a multiple award winning team and in a very close knit office environment
🍽️ Free lunch twice a week as well as all of the usual refreshments you expect working in an office
🎲 Regular social events as well as your own budget to spend on keeping your teams engaged and happy
🔗 For a full list of benefits, follow this link
🕰️ Your working hours
You’ll be contracted to work on a fixed shift pattern covering the hours between 08:00 - 20:00, Monday-Sunday (including bank holidays). Your shift patterns will be on a 12 week rotation, with at least 8 full weekends off per rotation (Saturday and Sunday).
Shift times will differ each week of your rotation, but will be consistent throughout each calendar week.
Your core role will be supporting our Personal Banking customers over the phone, but you may at times be required to support different areas across Customer Operations should the business or customer demand require it.
- We'll provide you with a Macbook laptop on your first day. There's no need to supply your own.
- You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
Our interview process involves 2 main stages:
- Application and completion of application questions
- An in-office assessment centre.
- This lasts approximately 4 hours and consists of a group exercise and a 1:1 interview. You’ll also get the chance to meet the team and take a look at our brilliant office space 🏢
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on email@example.com
The start date for this role is the 2nd of October. You'll spend your first three weeks in training (Monday-Friday) between 09:00-18:00. The training is all completed on site in our Cardiff office. To ensure you’re set up for success as well as possible, we’re not able to permit any holidays during this period.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status