We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our Product Team:
We’re looking for two Senior Growth Product Managers to join our team and help us build one of the best, most innovative banks in the world.
Monzo is the lead challenger bank in the UK with a mission to Make Money Work for Everyone. In the last few years we’ve built a banking app with extremely high daily engagement and an NPS that’s consistently above 70. More than 10% of UK adults have a Monzo account already, but we have a global ambition and the opportunity to impact hundreds of millions - perhaps even billions - of lives.
Product is at the heart of this ambition. As a PM you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team to set big, ambitious goals for an entire product area, and have the freedom to decide how to meet them. You’ll operate with autonomy and have a massive impact on our customers’ lives and Monzo’s success.
In the Growth team, our goal is to expand our customer base and we recognise the evolving needs of our users as they progress through the different stages of our growth journey: awareness, research and consideration, application, onboarding, early engagement, and referrals/word-of-mouth. You will be responsible for accelerating growth through experimentation, optimization and building new growth products.
Currently we have 2 open senior product manager positions across Monzo:
- Senior PM focused on customer acquisition (e.g. integrations with paid channels, web experiences, seo)
- Senior PM focused on growth through network effects (e.g. referrals, word-of-mouth, viral loops).
By applying to this role, your application will be considered for both positions.
- Create and execute on strategies to expand our customer base.
- Set clear goals and track progress against targets.
- Use a data-driven approach to identify opportunities and optimise the growth system.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, data, user research and marketing to identify and validate new growth opportunities.
- Communicate effectively. You get people inspired by the product vision and you share the right context with the right people at the right time.
- Create delightful experiences that solve user needs and pain points. You are a champion for our customers.
- Lead planning process and associated roadmap prioritisation ensuring alignment within the team and with wider business goals and objectives. Work with cross-functional partners to ensure projects are delivered on time and as planned.
You should apply if:
- You love the world of growth and get excited about the landscape
- You’ve shipped world-class products at a fast growing company
- You’re comfortable working in a deeply collaborative, highly technical team. You’re comfortable spanning the worlds of engineering, design, data, user research and marketing/growth.
- You’re passionate about building value for customers and not just achieving business results
- You’re data driven, passionate about metrics, and intellectually honest about how your work is performing -- and driven to continuously improve it
- You have previously worked for an app first or app centric organisation in the past
- You’re passionate about learning every day and sharing your knowledge and experience.
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Telephone call with the recruiter
- Initial video call with the hiring manager
- Full Loop stage which consists of x3 interviews. This involves a product case study, project walkthrough and leadership and collaboration
Our average process takes around 4-5 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
One of our team has written a detailed blog on their experience through this process, for extra details, hints and tips please see here
What’s in it for you:
💰 £85,000 to £135,000 depending on experience ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.