We’ve come a long way since 2004—and we’re just getting started.
As one of the longest-standing independent coffee roasters on UK shores, the love of coffee fuels everything we do. We work to challenge the expected, crafting tangible experiences and products that are impactful and progressive. We work hard, and with integrity, to shape and share exceptional coffee, fairly, with all. As an B Corp accredited coffee roaster, we’re not here to jump on bandwagons. No greenwashing. No jargon: an inclusive, global community, listening and speaking up for the future we believe in.
We build, nurture, and champion relationships at the source, celebrating farmers, cooperatives, and producers. We support direct trade, traceability, and quality. From crop, to cup, every step of our journey is considered; we’re proud to be held accountable, always striving for better ways to do business, placing people and planet before profit.
Dedicated, curious, driven, and open-minded, we’re not afraid to push boundaries and shape positive change. With a growing team of award-winning coffee professionals, a world-class coffee programme, six coffee shops, an ever-evolving product range, we continue to work hard to create inclusive spaces within Origin as well as everywhere we go, where conversations can grow. We move fast yet stay grounded, cutting paths through the noise, and have a lot of fun along the way. We’re here for ideas, rolling up our sleeves, and sharing new perspectives. Opportunities are on the table—yours to shape, with full support.
Join us in pursuit of coffee excellence.
The role overview:
Reporting into the Marketing Director, this role plays a pivotal role in helping to build and execute the omni-channel marketing strategy for Origin Coffee. You will have an innate understanding of the Origin Brand and how important it is that every single deliverable represents our aesthetic and values. You will act as a brand guardian, maintaining integrity across all channels whilst being responsible for successful execution across varied marketing disciplines.
You will lead, coach and mentor members of the marketing team, ensuring they are inspired to deliver best in class work.
We are looking for someone who will bring with a wealth of experience from a creative and strategic marketing background, adding value to the department and the wider business through both new ideas and ways of working.
Located in either London, Bristol or Cornwall, this role requires regular travel between these 2 locations.
- Work with the Marketing Director to define and refine the Origin Coffee customer personas and meaningfully increase brand awareness amongst these specific audience groups.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies for Origin Coffee which reflect the broader business goals and perfectly represent the brand’s identity.
- Manage the communication of brand initiatives internally and externally across all channels.
- Oversee the creation, execution and evaluation of integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives across various channels, including digital, social, email, PR, events, and partnerships.
- Lead a team of 4 marketing team members; motivate, inspire and support them to deliver effectively within their roles.
- Collaborate closely with other Origin Coffee teams, including Wholesale, Retail, Ecommerce and Operations, to align marketing activities with overall business objectives.
- Own the Origin Coffee marketing calendar and ensure the team are consistently planning and executing activity which supports the marketing strategy and business goals. Lead, guide and inspire all other marketing team members to input and deliver successfully against this.
- Ensure meticulous attention to detail is paid across all touchpoints (no matter how small) to ensure the Origin Coffee brand is represented in the best way possible at all times.
- Work with the Snr. Ecom Manager to evolve and develop the Origin app to further foster and engage our coffee shop communities.
- Play a lead role with PR initiatives, including assisting Origin Coffee’s PR agency partner with the required resources to realise strong earned media coverage and activate initiatives and bespoke execution opportunities to build brand familiarity and consideration.
- Leverage, nurture and grow a network of brand partners across the UK who Origin Coffee can work with on an ongoing basis.
- Develop an Origin Coffee ‘always on’ merchandise program which drives revenue and added value to our coffee portfolio and are appealing to both D2C and wholesale customers.
- Own the Origin Coffee packaging development life cycle for both B2B and D2C, ensuring we evolve all aspects of our packaging in a timely manner and in a way which represents the Origin Coffee brand.
- Manage the Origin Coffee marketing budget effectively, allocating resources appropriately to maximize return on investment and achieve desired outcomes.
- Reporting on brand performance on a monthly and weekly basis. Ensuring performance and learnings are shared with the wider team business.
- Act as a gatekeeper for all design and brand identity elements, ensuring we maintain consistency and the correct aesthetic for anything we create as a brand.
- Manage and support the Retail Marketing Coordinator to maintain exceptional brand standards across our coffee shop portfolio and to execute retail events which drive new customer growth, loyalty and brand equity, and foster community.
- Manage and support the Wholesale Marketing Coordinator to develop and execute marketing opportunities for Origin Coffee’s Wholesale partners, including community activations, and other events that nurture our relationships and also inspire other businesses to want to work with us.
- Manage and support the Junior Graphic designer in delivering their workload and supporting in growth and development in their work and remit.
- Manage and support the Social and Content Creative to deliver best in class content across our social channels which showcases Origin as a leader in speciality coffee.
- Work closely with the Origin Copywriter and Events Manager to ensure they are aligned with the marketing strategy and are able to input effectively into the activity road map.
Required Behaviours and Skills:
- Creative mindset: understands how to effectively shape messages for different audiences – and how to work directly with creatives.
- Knowledge of branding and content development best practices.
- Strong multi-channel planning and implementation that delivers commercial returns.
- Experience in using data, insights, and market research to create and drive marketing strategies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- A growth mindset and ability to think strategically.
- Strong team player and ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive ability, and gravitas to maintain relationships and to influence and persuade others.
- Exceptional understanding of the Origin brand and its vision for growth and how to distil this into everything you execute.
Proven experience in the following areas:
- Experience in premium lifestyle / hospitality brand within similar role at manager level.
- Successful experience in creating, launching, and driving brand marketing campaigns that have built momentum for brand awareness.
- Track record of multi-channel planning.
- Strong ability to deliver clear, concise, and effective content.
- Experience managing and leading a team and agencies.
- Goal-oriented and experience of working in a fast-paced environment and ability to react quickly to the changing business needs.
- Strong emotional intelligence and a team player.
- Proven experience in aligning all brand touchpoints to ensure consistent experience across all aspects of the business.
- Proven project management experience of large marketing campaigns projects. Delivering on time, on budget and to brand expectations.
- Shoot planning, briefing and executing.
34 days holiday including bank holidays and your birthday off.
Employer (5%) and Employee (3%) pension contribution, employees can increase their contribution
Mental Health and Physical First Aid Training
We provide our employees with a toolkit for both preventing and addressing mental health crises in
and out of work, providing genuine support, safety and happiness in the workplace
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, IVF Journey Leave and Pay
We recognise the importance of family and provide enhanced pay and to support all parents and their
journey to becoming one.
Transitioning at Work Policy
We want everyone at Origin Coffee to feel comfortable to be themselves at work. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and support our colleagues who identify as trans and provide support through any transitioning process.
Financial Wellbeing Support
We have partnered with Wagestream, a financial wellbeing provider who offers financial coaching, money management, debt advice, and individual tailored advice
Menopause and Period Policy
We recognise the impact this can have in the workplace and provide a flexible and supportive way for employees affected including making adjustments at work and working time.
Employee Assistant Programme
A comprehensive suite of support from an (EAP) including help with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
Continued Professional Development
We invest in all our employee’s by supporting personal development, encouraging you to broaden your experience and learning potential, led by you SCA Training Everyone who works for Origin can embark on the SCA training programme. Depending on your readiness to learn you can dip your toe in or immerse yourself fully. It’s quite addictive!
An Employee Referral Scheme
Once you join Origin, you’ll want to introduce likeminded people to us. When you do, they settle in and pass their probation, you earn £200
Time off for volunteering, cycle to work scheme, free coffee at work and to take home, discounts in all our cafés and on our merchandise and partners. And of course, regular social and team events serving exceptional food, drink, and of course, amazing coffee!