We’ve come a long way since 2004—and we’re just getting started.
As one of the longest-standing independent coffee roasters on UK shores, the love of coffee fuels everything we do. We work to challenge the expected, crafting tangible experiences and products that are impactful and progressive. We work hard, and with integrity, to shape and share exceptional coffee, fairly, with all. As an B Corp accredited coffee roaster, we’re not here to jump on bandwagons. No greenwashing. No jargon: an inclusive, global community, listening and speaking up for the future we believe in.
We build, nurture, and champion relationships at the source, celebrating farmers, cooperatives, and producers. We support direct trade, traceability, and quality. From crop, to cup, every step of our journey is considered; we’re proud to be held accountable, always striving for better ways to do business, placing people and planet before profit.
Dedicated, curious, driven, and open-minded, we’re not afraid to push boundaries and shape positive change. With a growing team of award-winning coffee professionals, a world-class coffee programme, six coffee shops, an ever-evolving product range, we continue to work hard to create inclusive spaces within Origin as well as everywhere we go, where conversations can grow. We move fast yet stay grounded, cutting paths through the noise, and have a lot of fun along the way. We’re here for ideas, rolling up our sleeves, and sharing new perspectives. Opportunities are on the table—yours to shape, with full support.
Join us in pursuit of coffee excellence.
The role overview:
The Wholesale Marketing Coordinator is an integral role which supports all the ways in which we engage with our wholesale customers and represent Origin within the Speciality coffee industry.
Reporting into the Snr. Brand Marketing Manager, this is a hands-on role which is responsible for planning, creating, and executing great marketing activity across B2B channel which supports of the overall marketing and business development strategy. Working across departments and pulling together different team members and ensuring everything stays on track, the role will manage and implement B2B campaigns (both small and large) and a wholesale marketing schedule, including events to increase brand awareness, product sales and loyalty.
The Wholesale Marketing Coordinator is integral in delivering excellence across wholesale. As the largest part of the Origin business, and we are proud to have so many outstanding independent coffee shops, restaurants, and hotels as customers. Supporting these relationships through the work we do in the marketing team is vital to ensure we have long-standing, happy customers.
This is a busy role which has responsibility for all aspects of the wholesale marketing mix. It requires someone who has a serious passion for speciality coffee, a curiosity and understanding of our customers and enjoys building networks within the industry.
This role is based in London and requires regular travel to Cornwall and other areas where our Wholesale customers are based.
The role responsibilities:
- Support the Snr. Brand Marketing Manager to deliver activations and campaigns across our B2B business, ensuring the Origin brand in being seen as the leading speciality coffee roaster in Europe.
- As part of this, you will support the Snr. Brand Marketing Manager to deliver an annual wholesale marketing plan, you will set clear objectives and KPI's to deliver across the year.
- Create and own a calendar of all B2B marketing activity from competitions, trade shows and talks, ensuring all opportunities between Origin and our partners are explored.
- Maintain excellent and close relationships with the wider Origin Wholesale teams. Joining weekly calls, having weekly check ins with all Wholesale managers to understand and support all regional opportunities. From new business opportunities to relationship management of existing partners, you will be aware of how you need to support at all times.
- Development and management of the broad range of wholesale marketing initiatives Origin offers including email, POS, merchandise, event support, packaging, gifting. Working closely with the sales team and wholesale customers at all times to ensure all initiatives are an effective use of time and budget.
- Develop a welcome pack for all new wholesale customers we onboard. Considering merchandise and literature.
- Take regular trips to visit wholesale customers across the country in order to maintain relationships. It is an expectation to be visiting different regions once per month with a specific focus on London.
- You will have a very good awareness of all new Wholesale customers and, where appropriate, work with the wider marketing team to deliver comms to support the relationship.
Attend all key events and activities which are part of the B2B marketing plan.
- Build and maintain relationships with our key speciality coffee partners e.g. La Marzocco, Fellow to ensure we are always top of mind and to further support our position in the speciality coffee scene.
- You will be responsible for executing the digital, print and packaging deliverables for all Wholesale activations. These include but are not limited to:
- Packaging and labelling.
- Working with the Jnr. Graphic designs to create presentations.
- Communicating product updates or new launches
- Developing ideas for and delivering Xmas gifting.
- Planning, building, sending and reporting on weekly emails.
- Working closely with customer services and production team to deliver clear communications regarding customer deliveries.
- Visual management and maintenance of the wholesale portal.
- Manage and update Origin’s wholesale price lists.
- Brief and/or create banners for Origin’s wholesale portal and third-party booking systems.
Required Behaviours and Skills:
- Burgeoning strategy skills - able to understand how the work you do, drives our strategic priorities.
- Great communication skills – you know who to involve and when, you set them up clearly with the information and expectations that they need to deliver.
- Great taste - you intuitively understand what is on and off brand for Origin.
- World-class people skills. You can build strong relationships with Origin teammates from across the business to support the work you do.
- An entrepreneurial spirit. You understand how your work impacts the business and you feel empowered by your successes and motivated by your mistakes.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility – you own your work and are excellent at managing up, down, and across.
- Passion, energy, and aspiration in line with Origin values, products, brand, and customers.
- Thrives on positive change and able to manage self under pressure.
- Willingness to own and drive your own personal development plan and open to asking for and accepting feedback on performance.
- World-class people skills, you love to build relationships and you recognise their value. You can build strong relationships with Origin teammates from across the business as well as our wholesale partner network to support the work you do.
Proven experience in the following areas:
- Experience working in similar Wholesale Marketing role for a lifestyle, hospitality, or F&B brand.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration experience across internal and external teams.
- Excellent project management skillset, with an ability to prioritise short term and longer-term tasks.
- Strong presenting styles and communication skills.
- Is a great ambassador for the company: living and breathing the values.
- You are highly organised. You can take on a number of different tasks and feel comfortable with prioritising and managing the expectations of those around you.
- Customer-first mindset: you always put yourself in their shoes when it comes to how you approach a task.
- You have a creative eye and can work well with designers to brief and deliver great, on-brand work.
- Understanding of the print process.
- Understanding of packaging development.
34 days holiday including bank holidays and your birthday off.
Employer (5%) and Employee (3%) pension contribution, employees can increase their contribution
Mental Health and Physical First Aid Training
We provide our employees with a toolkit for both preventing and addressing mental health crises in
and out of work, providing genuine support, safety and happiness in the workplace
Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, IVF Journey Leave and Pay
We recognise the importance of family and provide enhanced pay and to support all parents and their
journey to becoming one.
Transitioning at Work Policy
We want everyone at Origin Coffee to feel comfortable to be themselves at work. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and support our colleagues who identify as trans and provide support through any transitioning process.
Financial Wellbeing Support
We have partnered with Wagestream, a financial wellbeing provider who offers financial coaching, money management, debt advice, and individual tailored advice
Menopause and Period Policy
We recognise the impact this can have in the workplace and provide a flexible and supportive way for employees affected including making adjustments at work and working time.
Employee Assistant Programme
A comprehensive suite of support from an (EAP) including help with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
Continued Professional Development
We invest in all our employee’s by supporting personal development, encouraging you to broaden your experience and learning potential, led by you SCA Training Everyone who works for Origin can embark on the SCA training programme. Depending on your readiness to learn you can dip your toe in or immerse yourself fully. It’s quite addictive!
An Employee Referral Scheme
Once you join Origin, you’ll want to introduce likeminded people to us. When you do, they settle in and pass their probation, you earn £200
Time off for volunteering, cycle to work scheme, free coffee at work and to take home, discounts in all our cafés and on our merchandise and partners. And of course, regular social and team events serving exceptional food, drink, and of course, amazing coffee!