If you’re a plant-loving people-person who’s got what it takes to build a brilliant working environment, then we want to meet you. But first, a bit about us…
We’re a full-scale, energy-saving, B-Corp certified, sustainably powered vertical farm. We’re on a mission to transform the farming system forever, so that everyone can afford tasty nutritious food, that doesn’t cost the earth. Literally.
In other words: we boldly grow where no one has grown before. Our state-of-the-art salad leaves are made possible by an incredible team of rocket scientists (see what we did there?), engineers, leaf whisperers, and a root network of fabulous people. Which brings us onto you…
As a National Account Manager, you will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining strong relationships with our key customers across retail, food service and food manufacture. You’ll be responsible for managing and growing a portfolio of customers who are eager to get their hands on our fantastic produce. The thing that will get you up in the morning will be ensuring their satisfaction and driving revenue growth. You’ll be a strategic thinker, an exceptional communicator and an astute negotiator. You’ll live and breathe UK retail and produce, annoying your family with how long it takes you to do the weekly shop because you’re always getting lost in the aisles.
- Customer Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with key stakeholders, including senior leadership, decision-makers, and influencers across all relevant functions within our customers’ – Commercial, Supply & NPD
- Account Growth and Retention: Develop account plans and strategies to drive revenue growth, expand product ranges, and increase customer loyalty. Proactively identify upselling and cross-selling opportunities in line with GrowUp’s business and sales strategy.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with internal teams to develop and execute strategic account plans aligned with GrowUp’s goals. Identify opportunities for business expansion and market penetration.
- Sales Negotiation: Lead customer negotiations and ensure favourable terms and conditions for both GrowUp and our customers.
- Sales Forecasting and Reporting: Monitor sales performance, analyse market trends, and provide regular reports and forecasts to the management team. Identify areas of improvement and implement corrective measures as needed.
- Customer Advocacy: Act as the voice of the customer within GrowUp. Provide insights and feedback to product development and marketing teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Issue Resolution: Address customer concerns, issues, and escalations in a timely and effective manner. Collaborate across the business to ensure prompt resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Market Intelligence: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities. Leverage this knowledge to identify new business opportunities for GrowUp and more opportunities for us to impress our customers
- Proven experience as a National Account Manager or in a similar sales focussed role, preferably in the Produce sector.
- Strong business acumen and a deep understanding of sales and account management principles.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and influence at all levels.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Strategic thinking and analytical mindset, with the ability to identify and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Results-driven with a track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to travel nationally as required.
- Salary: £40,000 £45,000
- Location: Home-based with national travel including weekly trip to Pepperness, our farm in East Kent
- Annual bonus based on company, team and individual performance
- Employee incentivisation scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality at work health scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee benefits programme with Bravo Benefits
- And of course, free salad!
At GrowUp, we focus on our team and our people.
We’re aware that the world is changing, and we all want and need different things from our work and home lives. For this role, you can be home-based, or office-based – but you’ll mostly be travelling about. If you need to walk the dog, go to the gym, or have commitments outside of work that mean you’d deliver even more if you could work something different from a rigid 9-5, we’re open to talking through flexible working options that work for you and us.