If you’re a plant-loving people-person who’s got what it takes to build a brilliant working environment, then we want to meet you. But first, a bit about us…
We’re a full-scale, energy-saving, B-Corp certified, sustainably powered vertical farm. We’re on a mission to transform the farming system forever, so that everyone can afford tasty nutritious food, that doesn’t cost the earth. Literally.
In other words: we boldly grow where no one has grown before. Our state-of-the-art salad leaves are made possible by an incredible team of rocket scientists (see what we did there?), engineers, leaf whisperers, and a root network of fabulous people. Which brings us onto you…
As a customer supply planner, you’ll be our pinball wizard of the supply chain. your role involves managing the supply chain, liaising with both our customers and suppliers to understand and plan demand, ensuring that products are available to meet customer demand, availability of product remains strong and waste is kept low.
- Demand Forecasting: Analysing historical sales data, market trends, and customer feedback to develop accurate demand forecasts for our products. You’ll need to collaborate with our sales and marketing teams to gather information and insights.
- Inventory Management: Monitoring inventory levels and optimising stock levels to meet customer demand while keeping a keen eye on costs. This includes setting reorder points, safety stock levels, and lead times to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Supply Planning: Creating production and procurement plans based on the demand forecasts. Collaborating with suppliers, manufacturers, and internal teams to align production schedules and ensure timely delivery of products.
- Build strong relationships with our customers’ Supply Planning teams to ensure alignment of our forecasts – become our site expert on managing customer forecasting systems and interpreting the information provided
- Order Management: Overseeing the order fulfilment process, ensuring that customer orders are packed and dispatched on time. Resolving any issues related to order discrepancies, delays, or cancellations.
- Supply Chain Coordination: Collaborating with various stakeholders, such as suppliers, logistics providers, and internal departments, to coordinate the movement of goods throughout the supply chain. Monitoring and managing any disruptions or bottlenecks that may arise.
- Performance Monitoring: Tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) such as customer service levels, on-time delivery, inventory turnover, and forecast accuracy. Analysing data and identifying areas for improvement in the supply chain process.
- Risk Management: Identifying potential risks and developing contingency plans to mitigate supply chain disruptions. You’ll be assessing and managing risks related to production, transportation, and unexpected events.
- Continuous Improvement: Continuously reviewing and optimizing supply chain processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance customer satisfaction. Implementing best practices and exploring new technologies or strategies to drive operational excellence.
- Effective communication, analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure are crucial for success in this role.
- Previous experience of retailer forecasting systems would be an advantage.
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
- Location: Sandwich, East Kent
- Annual bonus based on company, team and individual performance
- Employee incentivisation scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Vitality at work health scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Employee benefits programme with Bravo Benefits
- And of course, free salad!
At GrowUp, we focus on our team and our people.
We’re aware that the world is changing, and we all want and need different things from our work and home lives. This role needs you to be based at our farm, so that you’ve got your ear to the ground when it comes to supply planning and management. If you need to walk the dog, go to the gym, or have commitments outside of work that mean you’d deliver even more if you could work something different from a rigid 9-5, we’re open to talking through flexible working options that work for you and us.