About Low Carbon
Low Carbon creates renewable energy to fight climate change. We’re building a net-zero energy company that will power tomorrow and protect the planet for future generations.
Low Carbon was established in 2011 with one goal in mind: to make the biggest contribution possible in the fight against climate change. The aim is to play a key role in the historic effort to move the world to 100% renewable energy.
We are a long-standing certified B-Corporation, and recognized as gold standard for environmental impact. Low Carbon’s climate ambitions are to become one of the world’s first major net-zero energy companies and to have created 20GW of new renewable energy capacity by 2030.
Low Carbon has formed a strategic partnership with the Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) to build a leading global renewable energy Independent Power Producer. Low Carbon is committed to the development, investment and operation of renewable energy at scale. Low Carbon invests into both renewable energy developers and projects across a range of renewable energy technologies including solar PV, wind, energy storage, waste-to-energy and energy efficiency.
With a significant international renewable energy pipeline in development, Low Carbon is well-positioned to capitalise on opportunities as the need for renewable energy and energy security increases.
We are extremely proud of the highly professional and talented team at Low Carbon. We have built a positive learning culture that incorporates respect, trust, collaboration, and a shared passion to combat climate change. It is an open, friendly and supportive environment, and we are proud to say we work here. As we grow, we are committed to increasing diversity in the team, and continuing to foster an inclusive environment where we can learn from each other.
Low Carbon is on a mission. Together, we will power tomorrow.
The Asset Management Team
Our Asset Management team has built a reputation for quality of service in the Renewable Energy Asset Management business. We are one of the largest providers in the UK and we have a strong team of asset managers, technical managers and financial accountants set up in London and Exeter.
We are looking for someone to join as an Associate Asset Manager in our Exeter team. You'll be based at our state-of-the-art offices at Oxygen House, Exeter, where you'll benefit from an environment designed around sustainability and employee wellbeing - including an on-site gym and an excellent restaurant with complimentary meals!
The team in Exeter is a small close-knit group, experts in managing solar parks and wind farms, and provide an impressive level of service to our clients. We are looking for a new member of the team as we expand to take on more sites and we progress to becoming a leading IPP. You'll learn the role from the ground up, getting to know the sites that we manage and the clients we support. We are looking for someone who is passionate about renewable energy, who has a positive attitude and is adept at building strong client relationships.
The Associate Asset Manager will be part of the Asset Management department, working within a portfolio team.
- Managing commercial agreements and the compliance of the SPV and the contractors with their contractual obligations including
- Build strong relationships with contractors and stakeholders
- Support the Asset Managers, Senior and Portfolio Managers
- Managing the relationship with the O&M contractor with a range of sites under your control
- Accurate logging & reporting of all incidents, remedial actions and resolutions
- Use SCADA and BI Tools for the purposes of understanding and analysing performance
- Identify issues causing under-performance and support the Performance team on the production of investigative reports to identify root cause and suggested mitigation
- Support the preparation of regular asset management reports on each asset
- Visit company sites to assess status and conditions
- A self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all stakeholder groups
- Professionalism, the ability to understand and manage client expectations and deliver high quality service
- The ability to work with minimum supervision when interfacing with stakeholders but also able to work with all members of the Low Carbon and external client teams as and when necessary, to implement initiatives to maximise revenues and optimise performance.
- Robust and resilient character with the ability to operate optimally within a fast-paced, private equity-backed environment
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or a commercial discipline
- Transferrable experience in the energy and renewables industry (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent Excel and Database skills, comfortable with manipulating large data sets and data analysis to support commercial decision making
Our Compensation & Benefits
- 26 days holiday plus your birthday off (with option to buy a further 5 days)
- Discretionary Bonus
- Annual Bupa Health Check
- Private Healthcare for you and your family (medical history disregarded)
- Contributory Pension
- EV Car scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sodexo for commercial discounts and perks
- 3 additional days for volunteering to support causes of your choice
- £50 credit per month towards short notice childcare, eldercare, and pet care via ‘Bubble’