Job Title: Collections Administrator
Working Pattern: 36.25 hour week, Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00 and 10.00 - 18.00)
Salary: £19,700 - £23,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Central Cardiff Offices
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
The Consumer Lending team helps thousands of consumers in the UK with our Personal Loans product, our aim is to ensure we provide a fair & affordable lending solution that is accessible to those often overlooked by mainstream lenders. We have reputation for providing excellent service, ensuring the customer is at the heart of all our decisions.
We offer careers that provide great opportunities to develop and progress alongside a fast-growing, forward-thinking business, allowing you to power your potential and thrive within Tandem, the greener, fairer bank!
What you will be working on:
- Individual performance and contribution to achieve KPI’s set by the business.
- Owning individual performance and personal development.
- Ensuring detailed and accurate customer records are kept and updated accordingly.
- Managing emails received and identifying and processing correspondence to the correct person in a timely manner.
- Issuing external letters.
- Effectively and professionally communicating with customers/3rd parties, responding to enquiries in a timely manner.
- Completing daily tasks set by the Team Leader.
- Taking a flexible approach to Adhoc tasks requested.
What we're looking for:
- Good organisational and time management skills resulting in the ability to prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to positively contribute to a team.
- Strong computer literacy including working experience on Microsoft Office.
- Qualities we look for:
- The ability to self-motivate and use own initiative to achieve individual targets.
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats, cash back and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Smart tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Quarterly team social budgets
- Healthcare plan through Westfield Health
- Free flu jabs
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.