Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As an Engineering Change Coordinator, your role sits within the Continuous Improvement team. Reporting to an Engineering Lead, you will play a crucial part in managing the engineering change process, ensuring accurate and efficient implementation of design changes and updates across our product range. You will collaborate closely with cross functional teams, including Quality, Operations, Customer Care and Manufacturing teams to coordinate seamless product changes that comply with our quality management system.
You have experience within the Product Development industry and have gained a broad range of experience across the product lifecycle. You either started in data and documentation control or naturally took ownership and responsibility through personal interest and clear competence. You enjoy process and documentation, although not bound by it and comfortable to problem solve, working with others to find alternate solutions. You thrive at resolving intricate problems that are constrained by multiple factors, breaking them down into logical steps that form a clear path.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
Responsible for effectively managing and implementing product changes through controlled documentation.
- Collaborate closely with Product Development teams to understand the motives, scope, and impact of proposed design changes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, operations and contract manufacturers, to coordinate and align documentation efforts across different workstreams
- Use your experience and technical understanding to advise and coordinate other teams cross functionally
- Controlled document data management including;
- ECO (Engineering change order) facilitation and data coordination.
- Manage product BOMs (Bill of Materials) liaising with stakeholders to ensure data is up to date.
- Product specification document control
- Documentation approval process (test methods/protocols, etc)
- Verification & Validation review
- Raise non Conformance Reports where necessary
- Proactively address and manage changes issues
- Advocate for the user
- Regularly report on project progress with accurate and timely updates to stakeholders and management
What we are looking for:
- Industry experience within design, product development, reliability, testing, quality and/or manufacture of mass produced consumer electronic products.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Passion for process and process improvement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for managing documentation with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Interpret complex scenarios and respond in an articulate manner.
- Show self motivation to take ownership of work and tasks driving for the inputs from others as required.
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient manner.
- Experience with wearable and/or connected product development
- Experience working within the Medical Device industry working under a quality management system: ISO 13485, ISO 9001
- Experience in liaising with Contract Manufacturers
- Science/engineering degree and/or electro-mechanical qualification
If you’re excited about this position, but don’t fit 100% of the criteria, we would love to hear from you anyway! We love nothing more than finding unexpected hidden gems!
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity & adoption (16 weeks at full pay, then 8 weeks paid at 75% followed by 15 weeks at SMP rate.), paternity/partner (6 weeks at full pay to take at any point during the first year of your child’s life), shared parental leave
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you. We do often receive a large number of applications for our roles, please don’t let visibility of this deter you from applying. We review and aim to respond to every application.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 30-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of our senior leadership team
This is an exciting time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humour helps too. 😉
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 884 7223.