We are looking for a Finance Business Partner to join the Finance team, to work closely with key business units across the organisation. The role will provide a link between Finance and Management, and will require engagement with colleagues at all levels, right up to Leadership Team level. The Finance Business Partner will provide insight and analysis that evaluates financial performance, identifies opportunities and risks, and facilitates informed strategic decision making.
This is an exciting time to be part of a growing function within a scaling, award-winning tech for good organisation.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the financial forecasting and modelling for the business, with primary ownership of the FP&A software, and will develop and maintain financial plans and budgets in collaboration with business teams. They will ensure appropriate financial targets and KPIs are set, using SaaS metrics, and highlight areas of underperformance against these. Furthermore, the Finance Business Partner will play a key role in improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting across the business.
As Glean continues to grow, the demands on the Finance team are ever-increasing. There is the requirement to respond quickly and precisely to enquiries from a range of internal and external stakeholders, whilst managing day-to-day tasks and ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables are met. There is also the need to enhance our agile reporting capability, providing fast, accurate and insightful analysis of performance against our forecast for a range of financial and non-financial KPIs, to highlight areas of success and provide scrutiny on aspects of underperformance.
- Develop and maintain financial forecasting at individual department and overall company level
- Work alongside the Head of Finance and Management Accountant to enhance the cadence of financial reporting and forecasting
- Hold monthly reviews with budget holders to feedback on departmental performance against forecast, targets and KPI
- Ownership of Mosaic FP&A software, developing forecast models, insightful reports and clear dashboards for business users
- Work collaboratively with the Revenue Operations and Data teams to build a suite of “best in class” SaaS metrics and unit economics
- Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams
- Identify risks and opportunities, and recommend actions to improve business performance
- Be the “face of finance” to the business - offering general financial support to commercial decision makers, responding to ad-hoc queries, and communicating Financial matters in an understandable way to non-finance colleagues
- Attend company “League” and “Squad” meetings assessing growth opportunities for Glean - bringing commercial acumen when setting success criteria, and forecasting/reporting ROI
- Undertake project-based work for specific strategies or business initiatives
- Support the development and implementation of best financial practices across the organisation
- Offer general financial support to commercial decision makers
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Part or fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or relevant QBE
- Previous experience in a Business Partnering, FP&A or commercially focused Finance role
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management abilities. Experience working alongside Executive or Senior Management level colleagues
- Proficient in accounting software, spreadsheets and financial models. Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost management principles
- Excellent commercial awareness and business acumen. Strategic mindset with ability to translate analysis into actionable business insights
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. Ability to exercise sound judgement and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities. Ability to communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise way to non-finance individuals
- High ethical standards, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Strong collaborative skills. Ability to influence and persuade others
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy. Able to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Experience with Xero highly preferable
- Experience of systems implementation
- Understanding of, or experience working in, a SaaS business
The whole package
£45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience
Some little things that make a big difference:
- 33 days annual leave + 3 gifted days at Christmas
- Generous individual learning and training allowance
- Truly flexible hours to suit when you work best
- Full home working set up and beautiful collaborative office space
- Nomad working policy with family travel insurance
- Enhanced 26 weeks maternity and 4 weeks paternity (fully paid)
- Health cash plan (from glasses to massages)
- 6% employer pension contribution
Glean empowers learners with the confidence and ability to build useful knowledge in an age of information overload. Our inclusive learning technology is used by 100,000s of students to gain 21st century learning skills with a proven note taking process. We aim to reduce waste by helping learners to get more value from working with spoken language.
Our mission is to challenge how the world thinks about learning so that it’s more accessible, productive, and purposeful for all learners. Join our values-driven and growing team if you’re excited by our goal to change a million lives for the better.