In a world where diabetes, obesity and poor health (mental and physical) is becoming more and more common, Hunter & Gather is on a mission to improve your health and wellbeing.
A cross-category real food and supplements brand that creates ancestrally inspired products which are always free from refined sugars, grains/gluten and inflammatory seed oils.
Since launch in 2017, Hunter & Gather are making waves in the FMCG industry, with their fast growth (a Multi-Million pound brand within their first 3 years), plethora of awards won (Forbes, Ocado Rising Stars, Great Taste Producer and more) as well as an innovative Omni-channel approach.
The brand is on a rocket ship in terms of growth and has big plans for the next 12-24 months of which you will be key in helping to deliver.
If you are looking to join an exciting fast growth brand with a mission, epic team culture and flexible working - then check out the details below and get applying!
What is the role?
As our lead Copywriter at Hunter and Gather, your primary role will be to craft persuasive, clear, and engaging written content that aligns with our brand voice and goals. You will use your storytelling prowess and writing skills to connect with our audience, communicate our brand message, and drive engagement. Your words will breathe life into our products and communicate our mission across multiple platforms and channels.
• Full time Mon – Fri (Open to part time 3-4 days a week also)
• 37.5-hour week
• 33 days leave (inc. bank holidays)
• Flexi start time (Core business hours 10-4)
• Hybrid: WFH up to 3 days per week
• AXA Private Healthcare
• Dog friendly office
• Office in Chafford Hundred, Essex RM16 (C2C trains + bus connections)
• Parking Nearby
Reporting to: Head of Brand Marketing
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or related field
• Proven experience as a copywriter for an FMCG brand preferably food or supplements
• Excellent Writing, Editing and Proofreading Skills
• Experience of writing for e-commerce platforms, particularly Shopify and Amazon
• Proficiency of SEO and an understanding of digital marketing
• A fun and engaging copywriting style
• Strong research skills and ability to grasp product and lifestyle specific information
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Experience of communicating key brand and product messages across multiple different channels and touchpoints, from creative advertising headlines to product descriptions and email copy.
• Appreciation of ancestral influenced lifestyles such as Keto, Paleo, Low Carb, Carnivore
• A foodie – we love a good grass-fed British Tomahawk
Skills and attributes
• Thrive within an Entrepreneurial business/environment
• Agile and dynamic
• Ability to design, implement and continually improve processes
• Comfortable with change and development
1. Product copywriting: Developing compelling product descriptions for our website and Amazon listings that highlight our product features and benefits in an engaging manner.
2. Brand communications: Creating impactful and brand-consistent copy for a range of external communications, including social media posts, emails, and press releases.
3. Maintaining brand voice: Ensuring that all written content adheres to our brand guidelines and contributes to a consistent brand image across all channels.
4. Collaborating with teams: Working closely with our brand, growth and design, teams to align written content with visual elements and marketing strategies.
5. SEO optimisation: Implementing SEO best practices in copywriting to enhance online visibility and reach.