Job Title: Treasury Manager (ALM Specialist)
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: Up to £80k and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible, we could support hybrid working from either our Blackpool of London office (expectation of a minimum of 2 days a fortnight in Blackpool)
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a hardworking and driven Treasury Manager to support us on our journey.
The main purpose of the role is to support the delivery and post-implementation management of our ALM system, including the Bank’s IRRBB exposures.
Tandem is building a versatile and dynamic Treasury Team which will allow the Bank to achieve its growth plans in a prudent and sustainable way. The team operates on a hybrid basis, with frequent opportunities to meet up and work collaboratively, either in London or Blackpool. As Treasury Manager ALM Specialist, you will play a key role in building the Treasury’s capability; you will work with teams from across the Bank to ensure that the ALM system is provided with a complete set of data. You will also work with the supplier to ensure the system is fully configured to Tandem’s needs. This is an important role within the Treasury department and we are looking to recruit someone who has a good understanding of both liquidity risk and interest rate risk and can play a leading role in bringing forward the ALM system.
What you will be working on:
- Implementation and delivery of a fully-functioning ALM system, including:
- Working with the Data Team to ensure delivery of data feeds from funding, lending, treasury and other activities. These need to be complete and reconciled to other data sources (for example, the balance sheet)
- Working with representatives from the supplier to ensure that the ALM system is configured to Tandem’s needs.
- Working with senior stakeholders to ensure that outputs from the ALM system are produced on a timely basis and in a format which clearly explains the Bank’s risk profile and its position against internal and regulatory limits.
- Developing and implementing processes to measure and report the Bank’s exposures to IRRBB.
- Following implementation, ensuring that the system and its data feeds are maintained and updated to reflect any changes in Tandem’s balance sheet and operating model.
- Supporting other areas of Treasury/ALM where required.
What we're looking for:
- Strong understanding of ALM techniques, particularly relating to IRRBB and liquidity risk management.
- Strong numerical background with a proven ability within financial mathematics.
- Proven experience in project coordination
- Treasury/Accounting or similar qualification; CertBALM, ACCA, ACT, CFA.
- Experience of working in the Treasury department of a mid-sized building society or challenger bank.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a mathematical/numerical focus.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats, cash back and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Smart tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Quarterly team social budgets
- Healthcare plan through Westfield Health
- Free flu jabs
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.