Location: Remote + London Office (Paddington Works) 1 / 2 days a week
Salary: £23-25K base (experience dependent)
We have a really exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role as a Delivery Officer at Circl. You will be responsible for leading on Future Leader attraction, recruitment and retention as well as programme management for our Circl programme with our business professionals and our ambitious young people from underrepresented backgrounds. This is a truly varied role for an organised and personable self-starter.
What Do We Do?
At Circl, we believe in a world where anyone can learn to lead, regardless of their background. We believe in a new kind of leadership – one that has empathy, inclusion and empowerment at its core.
The Circl Leadership Development Programme is the first of its kind. We train professionals at top businesses alongside Future Leaders from under-represented backgrounds in 'the coach approach' to leadership.
Each professional is matched 1 to 1 with a Future Leader and they apply the skills they learn by coaching each other on their real-life challenges and goals. Everyone's an equal on the programme with the young people coaching the professionals just as much as the professional coach the young people. What’s more all participants (both professionals and young future leaders) receive the same level of professional coaching qualification recognised by the Association for Coaching on completion.
It’s a uniquely effective way to help businesses build a coaching culture, while giving talented young people the skills they need to succeed and achieve their goals.
The business model is also unique as the companies that participate in the programmes pay for their teams to participate (normally in cohorts of 20), while also paying for the experience and certification for the young Future Leaders.
We’ve already done some amazing work with lots of young people and businesses includingMcKinsey, Facebook, Uber, eBay, O2, Etsy, British Land, Allen & Overy, Google, Hello Fresh, Innocent, Landsec, PepsiCo, Trustpilot and many more.
Click HEREto go to our website to get a flavour of what we do and read some case studies.
What Will You Do?
This is a role with incredible scope and opportunities for quick progression.
This role will be split between the Future Leaders team and Programmes team to give you a unique insight into the entire Future Leader journey, from interview to graduation.
Within the Programmes team you will support us with planning and delivering our Circl programmes. This includes:
- Programme logistics; taking ownership of planning, logistics and communications for each programme, which takes place on zoom. Problem solving with a proactive attitude to our participants and facilitators.
- Day-to-day operations; you’ll help us improve our processes, supporting the team to document and develop processes that can grow with us like creating engaging programme communications. We have lots to build so you can put your own spin on things!
- Relationship management; acting as a point of contact for our business professionals and the young future leaders on our programmes
Within the Future Leaders team you will support us with attracting, engaging and retaining ambitious and talented Future Leaders to take part in our programmes. This includes:
- Interviewing and onboarding Future Leaders: conducting interviews with prospective Future Leaders and onboarding them to the programmes we have on offer
- Future Leader management - directly manage a high volume of young people from a range of backgrounds taking part in the programme, troubleshooting and resolving issues when necessary
- Engagement - presenting to young people accepted on the programme as well as contributing to planning and delivery of launches and engagement events
- Relationship management; offering support to our young people when required and responding to programme session enquiries
We want to hear about your passions and interests and support you in developing them. You will get the opportunity to develop multiple skills and get involved in different areas of the business such as community partnerships and client work.
Why Join Us?
- Make a difference – Our programme helps young people from underrepresented backgrounds develop their interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Autonomy! – There’s scope to do a lot with this role. You have the freedom to come up with awesome ideas and run with them.
- Flexibility – We don’t believe in rigid working times or places. You have the freedom to work in a way that works best for you.
- Ambitious growth – We want to build a world where everyone can learn to lead. We have huge plans for international growth and you’ll be an important early hire.
- Our people – We’re a close-knit, inclusive team who are really passionate about what we do. We want to make the world a better place and have fun while we do it!
Who are we looking for?
For us the most important thing is that you’re the right person for the team. Here are the qualities we’re looking for:
- Connected to social impact - Just like the rest of the team, you are genuinely engaged in our mission. You want to work for a company with purpose. You care about what you do, and you want to spend your time helping make the world a better place.
- Detail-oriented – You’re organised and have great attention to detail and love making sure nothing slips through the net.
- Effective communicator – You will spend a lot of your time talking to a wide range of professionals and young people across a range of business sectors. You’re able to adapt depending on who you’re talking to and you get on with just about anyone.
- Team-Player - Queue the clichés… In all seriousness, we’re a close team who help each other out every day. We actively look to share the load and help out where we can. We bring solutions to the table, not problems.
- Self-starter – You’ll be proactive in looking ahead and delivering on objectives without waiting to be told what to do.
- Commercial - You understand why our commercial approach is so important to our social impact. You want to measure your own success and want to enable us to work with more businesses and help more people. You get stuff done.
- Individual - You do you and Circl will support you to do your best work.
- Automations knowledge - We are looking to automate many of our processes as we grow so experience within automating processes particularly on Zapier and Active Campaign would be desirable but not essential. Alternatively, if you have prior knowledge in using Salesforce this would also be beneficial.
- Experience – You may have been a future leader on our Circl programme or a couple of years experience in an administrative role and and looking for a company you can develop your programme officer skills in.
- How do I apply?
We want to hear why you want this job, not just any job.
Please click apply!
Include your CV (2 pages max) along with something that tells us why you’re a great fit for this role specifically at Circl.
From here there wilL be two interviews with separate team members. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so apply as soon as you can.
Application deadline: 14th August 2023
First round interview: week commencing 24th July
Potential start date: 4th September (negotiable depending on circumstances)
We want to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We believe having a diverse team is the right thing to do and support diversity in all forms, including socio-economic background, gender, race, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation and life experience so we welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you have any questions about the role before applying please get in touch with
email@example.com. Appointment subject to references and DBS check.
What are you waiting for… APPLY NOW!