We are Not On The High Street
We believe the big things should be celebrated – hard. Milestone birthdays, mates getting hitched, new pads… But we also love making a big deal about the small things, too.
We’re home to 5,000+ phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products, and customers (not to mention our incredible team), we have seen some really amazing recent changes, we’ve rebranded (check out the new site and app) have a whole host of new products as well as that, Leanne Rothwell, NOTHS for 10 years deservedly and was honoured to take over as CEO to drive the next era at NOTHS.
We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
We’re a team of 150 or so who all thrive in roles that make an impact and a difference and we are looking for like-minded people.
You’re laser-focused when it comes to the task at hand. You’re not afraid to make big decisions and take some risks. You have a positive attitude to learn if things don’t go to plan and re-iterate to get your idea working. You’re a team player willing to lift others up and collaborate.
If this applies to you then we are the right fit for you, our perks and benefits are at the bottom of the description but if you want to know more about the role itself read on.
The retention strategy manager is responsible for defining, developing and executing the customer retention strategy with a focus on increasing customer loyalty and lifetime value. The role focuses on combining the customer communications strategy, segmentation, promotions strategy and reactivation in order to improve conversion, build customer engagement and support our overall business plan. The retention strategy manager is the lead for customer retention and loyalty throughout the business working in collaborative partnership with key stakeholders in order to drive the continued evolution of retention capabilities.
The retention strategy manager will lead the retention team driving high standards and performance, and translating the overall business plan and opportunities into a clear actionable plan for the team. Overall; managing the retention performance versus business OKRs.
- Defining, developing and executing the company-wide customer retention strategy and roadmap; proactively aligning with teams across the business to create a joined-up direct response to customer behaviour with initiatives based on trading and retention targets
- Lead the evolution of retention capabilities in collaborative partnership with key partners (eg. insight & analytics, product, creative, marketing)
- Leading on customer segmentation and driving forward personalisation in line with the overall business plan
- Owning NOTHs relationship with partners such as Ometria, and Greenstone and working closely with data engineering on data flows and set up
- Translate the business plan and opportunities into actionable plans, managing the retention performance versus business OKRs
- Responsible for the ongoing development of promotions strategy; focusing on customer lifecycle stage and personalisation as part of this
- Responsible for the management of budgets for retention and promotions
- Owning CRM channels; developing the CRM lifecycle strategy to drive loyalty and reduce reliance on BAU trade communications
- Analyse performance data and identify insights to test, learn and iterate to improve the performance of campaigns, promotions and CRM journeys in order to drive loyalty
- Responsible for the overall delivery of CRM trade and how this contributes to overall business trade
- Defining and optimising customer segmentation, utilising first-party data and third-party data enrichment to support decision-making and developing clear test and learn strategy for the ongoing evolution of retention segments at all lifecycle stages
- Working closely with the insight and analytics team on projects involving customer journey analysis, loyalty and customer lifetime value and customer segmentation
- Delivering retention insights to senior stakeholders; creating clear commentary utilising data
- Managing the relationship between the retention team, creative and commercial team to ensure the most efficient ways of working and identify any improvements within this
- Manage and coach the in-house retention team, driving relentlessly high standards and excellence
- Onboard new CRM vendors based on identified issues/opportunities; set up internal teams, RFP documents, potential vendors, meetings and integration plan
- Experience leading on CRM or retention within a customer-focused retail or marketplace environment
- Experience in the development and execution of a clear CRM strategy focusing on the customer lifecycle stage
- Experience working with customer segmentation
- Keen desire to develop into a broader retention role
- Highly analytical and data-driven to support accurate test & learn methodology and performance optimisation
- Experience working in an agile, fast-paced environment with experience taking an OKR (Objectives & key results) led approach
- Numerous years of hands-on experience with analytics tools such as Looker, tableau and google analytics and CRM tools such as Ometria
- The ability to transform in retention capability across technology, content, data structure
- Ability to work cross-collaboratively around the business, naturally good at building relationships and acting as a subject matter expert
- Ability to adapt and work within a fast-paced retail environment
- Confident in challenging what we do today and suggesting improvements based on data
- Strong stakeholder management skills demonstrated in history in cross-functional collaboration
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to energise senior stakeholders in relation to ongoing investment in retention
- Ambitious, results-driven with a bias to action. You have a can-do-more approach, a passion to make an impact and exceed personal and business goals
- People management - have the ability to nurture and develop team members driving relentlessly high standards and excellence
- Results orientated; decisive and able to confidently make strategic decisions
- Organised and able to manage multiple tasks and stakeholders ensuring deadlines are met in the most efficient and effective way
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer BUPA healthcare, Healthshield, life insurance and additional Mental health support through Spill
We have also worked very hard to come up with a set of policies that support work/life balance, flexible working, diversity and inclusion that help to reduce the stress of life.
We offer 25 days of annual leave plus 8 days of bank holidays and the ability to swap other religious holidays for these
We hold regular social events as well as holding hackathons and encourage our team to attend conferences and other L&D or networking events
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work... well, works for them. To that end we are trialling out different ways of working - at the moment, we are remote first, getting together in person in London for key moments and to support connection and collaboration. Although this isn't how we're working right now, to join us, you should be able to work in London for 1-2 days per week.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our strategy is unite and empower: Together, we foster diversity and inclusion, strengthening belonging, allyship, and visibility for underrepresented groups among colleagues, customers, and Partners.
Diversity and Inclusion is really important to us and that’s why everyone’s welcome at Not On The High Street – whoever they are, whatever their background.
As part of your application, you’ll be asked to complete an optional demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us and will only be used to help us figure out how to make our team(s) even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us!
We have a DEI focus group as well as affinity groups that have their own budgets and can use this to help serve diversity and inclusion at NOTHS
Apply to join #teamNOTHS
Our recruitment processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology.
You’ll speak with one of the recruitment team first (30 minutes) who will help you understand the role and company even better, you’ll then speak with the line manager (30 minutes), you'll be asked to complete a task before meeting key stakeholders (60 minutes) then a final interview (90 minutes)
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you want to join our team.