What is Flash Pack?
When was the last time you made a new friend? Friendship profoundly improves our emotional wellbeing, sense of belonging, purpose and happiness. Everyone wants more human connection but making new friends is really hard. That’s why we exist, with a mission to create one million meaningful friendships across the globe, using the power of travel and technology as a platform for connection.
We launched in 2014 to disrupt outdated clichés associated with group tours. We quickly transformed into a high-growth, mid-stage start-up connecting Flashpackers in over 15 global markets. Customers who travelled with us LOVED it – and we grew really fast as a result. Then Covid hit the travel industry. The last 18 months have been a journey but we’re back with the support of fantastic venture capitalists, and have massive plans for global expansion in 2023 and beyond.
International demand for solo travel is starting to booming once again and we’re expanding our team globally with some of the best talent around. Will you join the mission to help create 1 million friendships worldwide?
We are on the hunt for new travel-loving professionals. We are looking for sales-minded individuals who have been fortunate enough to have travelled to some of our trip destinations. We want to meet individuals who are passionate about exploring the world and confident in giving the best travel advice in order to turn initial enquiries into lifetime flashpackers. This is a fantastic opportunity for a goal-oriented individual to join the founding team at an exciting time of growth
What you’ll be doing:
Education: You will become an expert in both Flash Pack and adventure travel. You will be able to advise flashpackers on our destinations and match them to their perfect adventure.
Stakeholder management - you will work productively with internal teams, continuously providing input to marketing, adventure ops and engineering on how we can improve the experience for flashpackers.
You’ll be measured and rewarded based on:
- The number of bookings you make
- Your personal conversion rate of inbound enquiries
- The performance of the team and its contribution to the business
- You love speaking to new people. You’re warm, friendly and personable
- You have a real passion for travel
- You’re able to write clearly and accurately, with perfect spelling and grammar.
- You’re emotionally intelligent. Although you’ll like to talk, the most important thing you’ll do is listen. Choosing a Flash Pack holiday is an emotional decision, and you’ll need to help flashpackers feel confident about travelling with strangers and sharing a room
- You work well under pressure and show good judgment. You can handle challenging situations
- You’re focused and work at a fast pace. You can manage your own time and prioritize tasks.
- You’re not fazed by new technologies. You’re able to pick up new things quickly: we use a lot of web-based services.
- You roll with it. You understand that start-ups are unpredictable environments. You are flexible and comfortable with a degree of chaos.
- You’re nice. You get that the customer and the team is more important than yourself.
Ideally, you will have 1 year + of sales experience in the travel industry.
Important things to know:
Start Date - November 2023
Timings: This role will include weekends, evenings and public holidays. Our normal shift patterns are Tuesday-to-Saturday, Sunday-to-Thursday and Monday-to-Friday.
Salary: The starting salary for this role is £26,600 - £32,800 base with uncapped commission. Your on-target earnings will be between £48,000 - £54,000 (OTE is based on average earnings of our travel experts over a 6 month period)
We also offer equity after your first year with the company.
Location: Anywhere in the UK, you need to be able to travel into London every 6-8 weeks.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get 25 days annual leave, excluding public holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday
- We are remote first!
- The opportunity to travel and experience a Flash Pack trip
- A diverse and inclusive team, with people from all walks of life
- Stock options that mean something
- Unlimited Health & Wellbeing Therapy & Support
- We’re after the right person. If you don’t quite hit all the criteria, you should still apply based on hitting the majority.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re led by a BAME, female CEO and building a diverse and inclusive team is incredibly important to us. As we rebuild Flash Pack post-pandemic we’ll be focused on promoting self-education through our anti-racism and anti-sexism reading list and building diversity and inclusion into the company hiring, performance and progression framework. If you would like to talk to us about these efforts, or have suggestions for how we can do better, we would love to hear from you.
Flash Pack is proud to be an equal opportunities employer: At Flash Pack we embrace diversity and see it as a key competitive advantage. There is always more we can do but that's why we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.
We’re a growing team and happy to make any accommodations we can for individual needs. If you have an additional accessibility or other requirement we haven’t considered, we will do our best to adapt and make sure your needs are met.