📍London OR UK remote | 💰 £80,000 - £100,000 (DOE) + Benefits |
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our FinCrime Team
You should know that we fight Financial Crime a little differently at Monzo. You’ll work in a team with dedicated Financial Crime engineers, data scientists and machine learning experts, which helps us to spot, assess and prevent crime quickly. We choose not to split out different areas of crime, either. Instead we tackle all Financial Crime together as one team. That includes AML, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption and tax evasion.
We’re looking for an exceptional Financial Crime Senior Manager with international experience to drive forward the development of our Financial Crime policies and systems outside the UK. You will build a team to define policy and procedures to support Monzo’s expansion, and support development of advanced systems to detect jurisdictional risks based on all types of customer and transaction data across all aspects of Financial Crime (including Fraud).
We need someone who really understands the Financial Crime regulatory framework and typologies in the EU, and has expert knowledge in how to develop policies and systems to ensure Monzo remains compliant and can most effectively detect and prevent all types of Financial Crime.
- Owning the strategy for development of policies and procedures to support Monzo’s expansion in the EU.
- Lead a team of specialist Fincrime risk owners to implement the fincrime strategy across multiple prevention and detection systems as a core member of the cross-functional Fincrime Collective.
- Developing strategic relationships with Fincrime experts, product/platform owners and Senior Execs to provide expert Fincrime knowledge and define business and functional requirements.
- Suggest, develop, implement and monitor industry leading fincrime detection capabilities as an embedded member of the Collective (which includes data scientists, machine learning experts, product management and engineers).
- Providing expert knowledge to support the development of Fincrime systems to effectively manage risks in multiple jurisdictions.
- Building a close relationship with our Fincrime operations teams, ensuring sufficient communication and knowledge sharing on risks related to relevant jurisdictions.
- Defining and interpreting key measures and metrics on the performance of key systems and reporting this to relevant oversight committees and Senior Execs across the business.
- Identifying the highest priority issues or problem areas and working with other members of the Fincrime Team to drive forward solutions.
You should apply if:
- You have significant knowledge of how to manage Financial Crime risks across multiple European jurisdictions.
- You have been involved in the implementation of policies and procedures covering multiple jurisdictions.
- You have worked with mature Fincrime systems to effectively manage risks across different countries.
- You’ve got experience working closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists and identifying operational requirements.
- You have experience of leading a wide range of Fincrime professionals and technical experts.
- You are passionate about Fincrime, Monzo and putting customers first.
- You enjoy working efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and thrive when dealing with change and ambiguity.
- You're great at explaining processes and complex technical requirements to people, and have flawless written English.
- You’re a self-starter who’s keen to get stuck in and make things happen
- You’re comfortable working with data and using it to come up with recommendations.
The interview process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Short call with a Monzo Recruiter
- 30 minute video-call with the Hiring Manager
- Interview Loop: 2 x 60 minute interviews conducted over Google Meet
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
⏳ Applications close on 18th August
What’s in it for you:
💰 £80,000 - 100,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for, training courses and conferences ➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.