To save nature we need more, and more diverse, people taking action for nature. To do this effectively, our communications, marketing, campaigning and fundraising activity must work together to increase the RSPB's relevance to the public and ensure we are known as a charity in need of support.
As the Head of Marketing for the RSPB you will play a critical role in shaping how we build support for the RSPB and our cause. Driving action for nature through time, money, voice and choice.
If you are an experienced marketeer with excellent leadership skills and a passion for driving change then we need you to develop and implement an overarching marketing strategy to support our mission.
Key activities will include
- Develop, implement and monitor a marketing strategy for the RSPB working alongside specialist marketing roles around the organisation to create an overarching framework to drive both financial and non-financial outcomes.
- Collate insight from teams around the organisation to translate into clear direction for delivery teams to improve our marketing outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of the RSPB's communications plan to ensure that the collective outputs of our comms and marketing is delivering against our strategic outcomes.
- Provide specialist marketing expertise as a consultant in the planning and briefing of our priority integrated campaigns.
- Provide strategic direction and management for the RSPB's Events and Supporter Communications teams.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of leading a marketing function
- Strong understanding of principles and best practice for marketing strategy
- Strategic thinker, able to set direction to inform operational delivery
- Ability to interpret and interrogate data and insight to inform decision making
- Experienced at developing collaborative internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership and management skills, able to develop team members for high performance and positive culture
This is a permanent, full-time role for 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate will be able to conduct the role from a flexible location within the UK.
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position between 11-13 September 2023. For further information please contact Hannah Ranson, Head of Brand & Marketing (email@example.com).
As part of this application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your CV and complete an application form including evidence on how you meet the skills, knowledge, and experience listed above.
We are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse RSPB, in which everyone feels supported, valued, and able to be their full selves. To achieve our vision of creating a world richer in nature, we need more people, and more diverse people, on nature’s side. People of colour and disabled people are currently underrepresented across the environment, climate, sustainability, and conservation sector. If you identify as a person of colour and/or disabled, we are particularly interested in receiving your application. Contact us to discuss any additional support you may need to complete your application.
This role is not eligible for UK Visa Sponsorship - the successful applicant will need to have a pre-existing Right to Work in the UK in order to be offered an employment contract.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.