Patagonia is an outdoor apparel company founded in 1973. At a time when all life on earth is under threat of extinction, we aim to use the resources we have—our business, our investments, our voice and our imagination—to influence changes needed to protect our planet. A registered B Corporation and founding member of 1% for the Planet, Patagonia is recognised internationally for its commitment to product quality and environmental activism, contributing over $145 million in grants and in-kind donations to thousands of grassroots environmental groups around the world.
We’re in business to save our home planet. To achieve this, Patagonia has created Patagonia Action Works, an online platform used to support grass-roots environmental NGOs and to connect them with individuals from our community. During this internship, you will contribute to our mission by assisting the Patagonia Action Works Manager EMEA in various projects and assignments.
• Assist with the content management and moderation of grantees’ requests through their Patagonia Action Works dashboard
• Support with NGO engagement strategies through Social Media & Email Marketing
• Support our grantees in the training and onboarding to the Patagonia Action Works platform
• Create monthly reporting about platform performance and grantee engagement for Patagonia Europe employees & important stakeholders
• Develop bi-monthly internal Enviro newsletter to engage Patagonia employees in Enviro initiatives & actions
• Support other activities related to the Patagonia Action Works strategy
What we’re looking for:
• A love of the outdoors
• A passion for saving our home planet and making a positive impact through your internship
• Enrolled in University or higher education studies related to Marketing/Operations, Communication, Environmental Studies or similar for the duration of the internship
• Fluency in English, other languages are a plus
• Good organizational and analytical skills
• Flexible attitude and strong pro-active behavior
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Strong communication skills
It’s a plus if you also have the following:
• Understanding of working with NGOs
• Involvement in environmental activism causes
Other important details:
• This is a full time internship based in Amsterdam, please note that it intended to start September/October 2023 and last 6 months. Please make sure that you are available for this suggested timeline.
• We have a hybrid work model, working from home for maximum 3 days per week.
• We strive to make unbiased decisions and to offer a great experience to every person who applies for a role at Patagonia. Our interviews include standardised questions that focus on the aspects that are important for success in the role. For some roles there will also be a practical assignment, where you can showcase your skills.
Note: Below is only an indicative list and may change at the time an internship offer is made.
• Monthly allowance
• Events and workshops with environmentalists, change-makers, educators and sports ambassadors
• Taking part in groups such as Sports, Internal Communications, Footprint, Pride, Pata Parents and Events, or create your own!
• We have dog-friendly offices where you can bring your furry friend
• All employees, interns and their families have access to our Employee Assistance Programme, designed to provide third party, confidential support on a wide range of topics relating to emotional, behavioral and social challenges
• All employees and interns have access to Unmind, our workplace mental health platform
• Possibility to schedule your work hours flexibly (compensating missed hours during the week) to do volunteer work, care for loved ones, enjoy the outdoors, or spend more time to pursue your passions
• After 1 month, it’s possible to work remotely from another location in EU/EEA, UK or Switzerland for up to 12 weeks per year (pro-rated for less than 1 year).
• Access to Patagonia discounts and sample sales, as well as discounts at other outdoor and value-aligned companies
• Plus other benefits specific to each region
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.