The Pathfinder Programme Assistant will support the planning and coordination of the Pathfinder programme, including handling project-related administration, managing communications within relevant Trussell Trust teams and externally with food banks and supporting the programme delivery. This role will work with Pathfinder food banks across the UK and with the Trussell Trust teams across the four nations.
· Project Planning – Provide administrative and logistical support to develop and deliver a range of Pathfinder project activities working with partners across the Trussell Trust, external stakeholders and our food bank network.
· Event and Meeting Logistics – Organise regular operational meetings and events, for the Pathfinder Programme and its food bank network, liaising with external partners and suppliers when appropriate. Events and meetings are digital and face to face.
· Data Management and support – Ensure the Salesforce database is up-to-date, prepare and analyse survey data for Pathfinder food bank meetings and handle all data in accordance with GDPR legislation.
· Communication – Support wider accessible and inclusive communication with the Trussell Trust network and Pathfinder food banks and with the Pathfinder Team, including coordinating the development and distribution of the Pathfinder newsletter and supporting the development of positive relationships across the Trussell Trust network and external stakeholders.
· Diary and Email Management- Manage diary requests and weekly schedules for the Head of Pathfinder Programme and other relevant team members; and review incoming correspondence for the Head of Pathfinder Programme and take action as appropriate.
Technical skills and minimum knowledge:
· Administration skills
· Outstanding organisation skills and experience of working with tight deadlines and managing a varied workload
· Experience of supporting the organisation and delivery of a range of projects, events and meetings
· Good IT skills including confidence in using all MS Office applications and experience of Use of Salesforce or a similar cloud-based software tool
· Ability to present and analyse data
Behaviours and competencies:
· Demonstrate a commitment to the values of the Trussell Trust
· Demonstrates empathy and knowledge of diverse groups of people from a range of backgrounds and lived experiences.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of building relationships internally across an organisation and externally with key stakeholders
· Can work through challenges in positive and effective ways
· Comfortable working autonomously and across multiple tasks with a high degree of self-management and personal organisation
· Willing to undertake learning and development
· Network Services
· Area Team
· Financial Inclusion Team
· Scotland & NI Team
· Pathfinder Food Bank network
· The CEO/ Senior Leadership Team
The Trussell Trust is a charity that works to end the need for food banks. It is founded on and shaped by Christian principles.
Our values of dignity, justice, compassion and community, are central to all that we do and therefore supports our aim to be an organisation where the diversity of all employees is valued. We welcome people of all faiths and none and those that are committed to these values.
We recognise that we have under-represented groups within our workforce. As part of our commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity we are actively encouraging applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions and those with a lived experience of poverty as well as any other under-represented group in our workforce. We are committed ensuring the safety and protection of our employees from all forms of harm.
How to apply
Please submit your application no later than 12pm on 31st August 2023 . We reserve the right to close early or extend this date depending on the number of applicants.
Interviews will be held on 11th September 2023.
Please note, incomplete or speculative applications will not be considered. If you have any difficulties completing your application using the online portal email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do what we can to help you. The Trussell Trust is committed to achieve greater diversity and welcomes applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or disability.