Lyst is a global Fashion Tech company and premium shopping app, founded in London in 2010 and catering to over 200M shoppers per year. We offer our customers the largest assortment of premium & luxury fashion items & products in one place, via an assortment of 8.5M+ items from over 17,000 of the world’s leading brands. We are a scale-up business with a current team size of c. 160 people in London, combining an agile mentality with a proven business model and over a decade of experience. This provides a balance between foundations and structure, and autonomy and pace.
At Lyst we obsess over the customer, providing a search & discovery experience which offers inspiration, fulfilment, and personalisation. We believe that fashion is amazing but shopping for fashion often isn’t, and use our technology, data and creativity to bring more joy, greater choice and fewer fails. Our mission is to help fashion shoppers make better decisions and help fashion partners find better audiences as the category-leading destination for every fashion shopper. Lyst has raised over $160m from leading investors including Accel, Balderton, Molten Ventures, Fidelity International, and LVMH.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our Partner Marketing Solutions team, who bring together marketing and technology to drive and accelerate the reach of customers online. We work across a number of external platforms, including Bing, Facebook and Google, as well as developing in house marketing solutions for our partners. Our mission is to become market leaders in digital advertising solutions for fashion partners globally. We are looking for Software Engineers to help develop and maintain engineering solutions for our marketing stack.
Backend work includes building end to end solutions for marketing channels and creating microservices that power our internal on site marketing. Frontend work includes building and maintaining public facing web applications for our partners, allowing them to directly manage their own marketing campaigns and to monitor performance. As well as this you will be responsible for implementing ad solutions on the main lyst website. You will also be responsible for working and maintaining data pipelines that pull from multiple data sources for internal usage.
- Experience: 2 - 3 years of professional experience
- Communication: You are able to explain your ideas clearly and transform them into actions. You will be assisting in coming up with solutions to complex problems whilst maintaining and monitoring existing applications
- Quality: You strive to write code that is readable, well tested and robust in production. You are not afraid to suggest and implement new ideas that will improve the general workflow of you and your team
- Motivation: You understand and are motivated by the challenge of building scalable, reliable distributed systems in a start up environment
- You have good experience with Python and are up to date on best practices
- Not essential, but are keen to work with FE technologies such as React and TypeJS. You will be responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of some public facing web applications wherever needed
- You have experience in using traditional relational databases (such as Postgres) and have good intuition for how to write efficient SQL queries. You will also be required to use NoSql databases wherever applicable and are able to differentiate between relational and non-relational database use cases
What will you be working on?
- Backend systems: You will be responsible for working on and maintaining multiple backend microservices across different domains
- Frontend development: The team currently owns multiple web applications that interact with our own backend microservices. You will have the opportunity to work on building out such services as we look to improve those offerings
- Data engineering: Designing ETL pipelines that process data from our data warehouse / data lake
- We work mainly in Python, running on a range of AWS technologies such as S3, ECS and SQS and RDS, along with non-AWS tools such as Snowflake, DBT, EKS, CircleCI, Docker and Github
- We have high engineering standards, practice comprehensive testing, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous deployment across all our engineering teams
Things that matter to us:
- You are pragmatic and you like engaging with hard engineering problems
- You like all things about data, passing it around, parsing it, storing it and reporting on it
- You do not shy away from having to manage expectations with stakeholders, and are comfortable handling difficult conversations that you can back up with informative evidence
- You are curious at heart and like to take ownership of something and make it better
- You are a team player and communicate with your peers and other stakeholders in the company on a day to day basis
- Flexible Working: Our flexible working approach offers a high degree of freedom and autonomy. Individuals are provided with the discretion to work remotely on a regular basis, with an expectation that a reasonable proportion of time is spent in the office to enhance in-person collaboration. If due to unique circumstances this doesn’t quite work, we are open to listening to what will.
- Time Off: In addition to the 8 statutory bank holidays, you will receive 29 holidays per year. Lyst’s holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Competitive Family Leave Package: This includes Enhanced Family Leave for those eligible, paid Time off for Dependents and Support for Fertility Treatment & Loss.
- Clothing Benefit: We want you to enjoy using the Lyst app and site as much as our customers, so we provide you with a clothing allowance to use on Lyst every year. This starts at £250 when you join and increases up to £1,000 with your length of service.
- Private Healthcare: Our healthcare provider is Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day you start.
- Training Allowance: We’re big on continuous learning and growth, so all employees are currently entitled to an annual training allowance of £1,000. This can be used to attend conferences, industry events, training courses and to purchase resources.
- Pension Scheme: Our pension provider is The People’s Pension. We offer a minimum employee contribution of 5% and 3% employer contribution.
- Eye Tests and Vouchers: Employees can make a saving on their eye test and glasses through our chosen provider. You’ll receive a free eye test every year and a discount towards glasses.
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme: Lyst will purchase a bicycle from your chosen retailer, you will then receive a voucher to pick up your bicycle from them.
- Transport Season Ticket Loan: Employees can apply for an interest free season ticket loan to support your travel to work.
- Social Events: Frequent company wide social events including Christmas & summer parties, sports days, themed drinks, quizzes, cook alongs, as well as smaller team socials. We also have plenty of interest based groups such as football, running club, book club, culinary and more.
We want to build a world where fashion works for everyone, and we want teams that are just as inclusive. Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture at Lyst. We recognise and celebrate the value and impact diversity brings to our company and are committed to ensuring this is a consistent focus, for which we are held to account. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and equally, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for this role. We are happy to talk about flexible working arrangements.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Lyst we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.