At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
This is an exceptional and rare opportunity to lead the largest team at one of the Hottest 10 Startups in London according to WIRED magazine.
We're open to hearing from a broad range of experiences. The package and job title, ranging from a Director to Senior Director or C-Suite, is dependent on experience.
You may be new to Tech for Good or impact business. But you're ready for a role with incomparable legacy, transforming the lives of the most disadvantaged people in the UK and beyond.
- Leading and rapidly building our operational team: the 'Mission Support' team (15 people today and growing on a near-weekly basis)
- Staying closely connected to the frontline day-to-day to ensure our operational model is as safe, human and scalable as possible
- Building a strong and supportive culture in Mission Support that is in line with our Core Values and strengthens Beam's broader culture
- Taking overall responsibility for Mission Support KPIs and being a data-driven problem solver while remaining deeply empathetic
- Taking all our Mission Support processes to the next level: from onboarding to training to progression
- Passionate about innovation and social impact and committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London and far beyond
- Action-oriented and highly adaptable - you're a natural problem solver who's excited to work with diverse teams
- A talented and entrepreneurial senior leader with a stellar track record of building and managing teams
- Excited by building a world-class team with a high-performance culture that balances social impact with team wellbeing
- Not only a great manager and leader: you're a deeply analytical thinker who thrives at the intersection of people and process
- >5 years managerial experience in a leading Series A (or beyond) VC-backed startup, tech giant, social enterprise or the homelessness sector
- Experience building and inspiring direct and indirect reports of at least 15 people - and unfazed at the challenge of building teams into the hundreds
- Experience creating and scaling operational, end-to-end customer and/or employee processes
- Exceptional communication and writing skills - you communicate clearly, concisely and positively
We’re a small team working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and at home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and are proud to be rated a top company to work for by Escape the City and The Dots.
We are committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here. We especially want to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage.
63% of people we support come from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we can serve these people best when we’re a diverse, inclusive team.
- Highly competitive startup salary
- Generous EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (minimum 20 days)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office or at home
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with Beam's CEO, Alex
- Scenario-based test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Strategic presentation
- Three informal chats with people at Beam
- Breakfast or dinner with Alex and Seb
Start your journey to the most rewarding and challenging role of your career. We're excited to hear from you.