Baxendale is a specialist management consultancy that exists to help organisations thrive in the face of complex challenges. Working across the health, care and public sectors we support clients to reimagine, transform and grow their organisations in a way that delivers positive health and wellbeing outcomes.
We work with health providers operating across acute, mental health, community and primary care. We support partnerships across the health, social care and voluntary sectors. We have helped our clients win over £3 billion of care contracts and undertake significant organisational, service, and cultural transformation.
With significant experience across public and private sectors, our team of expert consultants draw on expertise gained through working for market-leading management consultancies and leading social sector organisations.
We believe how you do business is just as important as what you do.
We are employee owned, in the same tradition as the John Lewis Partnership. This means that from the moment you join you become a co-owner in the business (we call ourselves Partners). This allows us to feel like we own and control the work we do and the impact we have and take on projects which fit with our personal passions and priorities. We believe the key to a positive culture is when everyone is comfortable voicing their opinion and everyone can deliver their work flexibly, in the way which best suits them and their individual needs.
We are a certified B Corp, demonstrating our commitment to use business as a force for good. Our focus on how we treat our people resulted in being named within the top 10% of B Corps for workers worldwide for the last three years.
Our emphasis on quality and impact for our clients has led to the Financial Timesselecting us as one of the best consultancies for New Business Models – a significant achievement for an organisation of our size.
As a Consultant you will be supporting project delivery for our clients, leading key elements of projects and developing broad range of skills in the following areas:
- Service modelling to assist health and care providers transform services and/or secure new contracts
- Developing organisational wide transformation strategies including establishing effective PMOs, governance and benefits realisation
- Developing long-term growth strategies and working on commercial opportunities to help clients grow, via new services, acquisitions or winning new contracts;
- Strategic estates work that ensures space utilisation is efficient, results driven and people first
- Organisational and partnership development to ensure organisations and increasingly partnerships have the shared vision, goals, structures, processes and cultures to maximise their effectiveness
- Building business and investment cases (including financial models and business cases)
- Developing client-specific organisational strategies and measurement frameworks to capture social value and develop organisations
As a Baxendale Partner you will have energy, enthusiasm and be expected to play a proactive role as an owner, participating in our lively culture based on collaboration and helpfulness. You will put in the effort required to ensure we all succeed. The business will ensure you share in a fair and transparent way in the collective rewards we generate. You will be expected to work collaboratively and with respect for others at all times, and to be able to work well independently where required.
As your understanding of the business develops you will be expected to contribute at a strategic level and influence how the business grows. We will share the company information with you to enable you to do that.
We prioritise personal improvement and will expect you to focus on learning and personal development. We will support your development through a mixture of on the job learning, executive team coaching, and external training. Your precise training needs will be drawn up with you once you’ve spent a short time in the business and we will provide you with a training budget. We also expect you to support more junior members of the team in their development.
We expect your skill set to grow and develop over time, and as you progress in the business ultimately to include the following specific skills:
- Project management
- Transformation including change management
- Service Design
- Bid writing
- Business case creation, including market research and financial modelling
- Analytical and modelling skills (financial and service)
- Stakeholder engagement and wider communications, branding and marketing
As a recent graduate we expect you to have 2-5 years previous work experience. While you may not have track record in the sectors in which we operate or in consulting, we do expect you to be able to evidence a broad commitment to a career in the health and wellbeing sectors. In addition, we expect you to be able to evidence the following skills and attitudes:
- Excellent Excel skills
- Outstanding communication skills, including excellent writing ability
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Positive energy and willingness to take on responsibility and gain experience across a range of activities
- Creative thinking and readiness to share fresh ideas and perspectives
LOCATION We operate a hybrid work model combining remote working with access to office space in London, Reading and Manchester. Individuals can work from their location of choice but must have the ability to travel to London and clients regularly for meetings.
PAY£35,000 - £45,000 plus generous benefits and share ownership. Salary dependent on experience
RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Please email your application to email@example.com, letting us know where you heard about the role. Please include an up-to-date CV (max 2 pages) and a covering letter (max 1 page) demonstrating your understanding of Baxendale’s mission, what attracts you to this role, and how experience fits the job description and person specification.
Baxendale is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that we value the diversity of our workforce. Applicants should, however, be currently eligible to work in the UK.