Business Development Manager
Hours: 22.5 - 37 hours per week
Salary: £34,156 - £38,319 (SCP 29 - 33) per annum pro-rata
Contract: Permanent, open-ended
Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays per annum, pro-rata
Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
Place of Work: Osney Mead (OX2 0DP) with some homeworking. Frequent travel across Oxfordshire will be required with some national travel.
About Oxfordshire Mind:
We’re Oxfordshire Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Oxfordshire Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
- The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
- The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation
- The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Five Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Raising awareness and campaigning
We employ approximately 250 staff and operate in 28 locations around the County of Oxfordshire.
As Workplace Wellbeing becomes a greater priority to employers we are expanding the services we offer to companies to support them to take care of their workforce.
We are looking for a motivated Business Development Manager to develop and implement these growth strategies. You will be responsible for all income generated through Workplace Wellbeing initiatives. Currently we offer Workplace Wellbeing training to companies who pay for this service. You will be responsible for cultivating the training portfolio as well as developing growth opportunities such as consultancy and diagnostic tools. This is a role for an experienced Business Development professional with leadership skills, drive and strategic expertise. Successful applicants will understand how to identify and market new opportunities and lead a small team to realise these opportunities. The role is target driven and success will be determined by the volume of income generated.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for leading and developing the Workplace Wellbeing Team which includes Oxfordshire Mind staff, Associate Trainers and Consultants. You will generate income for Oxfordshire Mind through cultivating the training portfolio as well as developing growth opportunities such as consultancy and measurement tools. Excellent relationship management is key to the role, you will build relationships with prospects and clients and deliver an excellent client journey while managing contracts and client needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with a range of stakeholders; providing excellent relationship management to clients, building relationships with prospects and inspiring people to become long-term clients of Oxfordshire Mind
- Write and implement new business strategies including detailed business plans, resourcing and budgets
- Lead, recruit and motivate the Workplace Wellbeing Team
- Lead new product and business development to ensure we respond to needs through conducting market research & analysis
- Strategically plan all marketing activities including events, mailings, client referrals, viral marketing and other appropriate activities. Use analysis metrics to inform ongoing development and marketing activities
- Create proposals for existing and new clients
- Set up and lead new systems and procedures for all Workplace Wellbeing initiatives including appropriate reporting systems and analytics to set and review relevant KPIs
- Ensure accurate financial recording, budgeting, reforecasting and reporting requirements
Knowledge & Experience
- Five years’ experience or equivalent in Business Development, Business Management, Marketing or similar roles
- Demonstrable experience of establishing new business strategies, models, products and processes with excellent results
- Knowledge and experience of writing and implementing new business plans
- Experience of leading and motivating a team
- Experience of working to and developing income targets
- Experience of building relationships and managing client contracts
Aptitude, Skills & Abilities
- Relationship building skills
- IT skills including use of CRM systems and the Microsoft Office suite
- Leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting and report/proposal writing
- Good use of lateral and creative thinking
- Current valid Driving Licence and use of car for work purposes
- Self motivated
- Tenacity and drive
- Use of initiative
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strategic thinker
- Solutions focused
- Relevant qualifications/training in Business Development, Business Management, Business Studies, Marketing or related field
- Personal contacts and connections with the Oxfordshire business community
- Knowledge and understanding of the third sector
- Experience of project management
- Passionate about good workplace wellbeing and mental health issues
The following are required of all roles with Oxfordshire Mind. However, you do not need to address these in your application:
- Genuine interest in and commitment to Oxfordshire Mind’s work and client group
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Willingness and ability to work hours outside of normal office hours on occasion
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 25th May 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 1st June 2022
Interview location: Osney Mead Office, Oxford (OX2 0DP)
Working for Oxfordshire Mind
We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to staff wellbeing. In addition to base salaries, we offer a range of employee benefits including generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme and development and training.
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Application deadline: 9am on Monday 30th May.
Interviews will be on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th June
If you would like to find out more, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website, where you can complete your application for this position.