We create award-winning snacks that are great for people, producers and the planet because we believe snacks should taste good and do good. We transform apple-solutely wonky apples into beautifully healthy fruit crisps. So the more you snack, the less we waste - hence our mantra #WasteNotWantLots.
At Insane Grain, we make INSANELY delicious and nutritious snacks made from supergrains and are on a mission to make genuinely healthier snacks accessible to everyone. Our motto is to do things #AgainstTheGrain and that’s why we’re on the hunt for a unique, brilliant, and highly organised individual to join us!
The Good Food Fund
Both brands are supported by the Good Food Fund, who support healthier challenger food brands to tackle childhood obesity.
This is a varied role with a core focus on operations. You’ll manage our supply and demand across all existing and new customers, whilst working on various administrative tasks across the business. No two days will be the same!
We are looking for a hungry, detail-oriented, numbers-loving multi-tasker who is keen to get experience in a multi-faceted role and play a pivotal role in supporting both brands at a very exciting time in their growth.
This position will report directly into the two Founders and will involve the following responsibilities:
You’ll be responsible for overseeing our supply chains, developing relationships with suppliers, co-packers and logistics companies to ensure all production and sales orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Processing regular sales orders, liaising with our respective warehouses and updating our sales and stock spreadsheets accordingly
- Ensuring all deliveries are received in full in the right format, with the correct BB dates at the right time.
- Checking any delivery discrepancies or issues and resolving in a timely manner
- Managing our warehouse inventory stock sheets to ensure they provide an accurate picture of our stockholdings.
- Overseeing our Amazon accounts, ensuring all inventory, profiles and reviews are managed.
- Working with our sales team to align sales and stock forecasts, keeping a close eye on stock management and helping with production forecasts.
- Managing all product compliance, to ensure that we meet all third-party specifications, including wholesalers and large and mid-size retail outlets.
- Processing customer set-ups
- Ensuring both brands are up to date with industry compliance changes.
- Reviewing monthly logistics invoices and ensuring they are fees charged are accurate
- Uploading and processing receipts through accounting software
- Assisting with organising and sending samples to customers on a regular basis
- Reviewing monthly logistics invoices and ensuring they are accurate
- Other administrative tasks such as filling out data sheets, reviewing customer pricing, requesting transport quotes and general research.
- Responding to customer queries
The right candidate will be…
- Highly organised – you will be managing our supply chains and demand forecasts, so it is vital that you are process driven and highly organised.
- Multi-tasker – you will be managing responsibilities across two brands, so need to be able to juggle tasks simultaneously with ease.
- Detail-orientated – you will be required to use excel and keep and eagle eye on all our stock movement and any deficiencies that may arise.
- Strong numeric and I.T. skills – experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets is key. You must be highly numerical , be able to quickly grasp data and be comfortable with using systems and processes.
- Proactive, independent and self-motivated – we are looking for someone that doesn’t need to be told what to do and is comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude, tenacious and solution focused – as a small business, things can often change very quickly, so you must be comfortable embracing unexpected opportunities and challenges with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ideally experienced in Food Operations/ Supply Chain - +1 years working for another FMCG brand is desirable
- Able to stay calm – we are growing at a rapid pace which means there are times when there is a lot going on. Being able to stay calm and prioritise in these circumstances is vital
- A team player, hands-on & keen to get stuck in across all elements of the business – as a small team, we want someone who would be willing to go the extra mile to help others, be collaborative and willing to get their hands dirty when needed.
- Ideally experienced in Operations/ Supply Chain - +1 years working for another FMCG brand is desirable
- Good at relationship building – you will be representing the brand to customers and working alongside our warehousing teams. You must, therefore, be approachable and be able to build best in class relationships with our existing and new customers
- Comfortable using Xero accounting software (training will be provided if not)
- Comfortable both working remotely and in office when required
CV & Cover Letter Submission Closing Date & Time – 5pm, 20th May (although submissions will be looked at on a first come first served basis)
1st Round Zoom Interviews Date – w/c 23rd May 2022
2nd Round Face to Face Interviews (and task) Date – w/c June 6th
Start date – To be confirmed, but likely 1st July 2022, but can be flexible for the right candidate
Competitive. To be discussed, depending on experience level
5 days a week – split evenly between two brands.
We have an office space in London which we;d encourage you to use initially,, but are open to flexible working arrangements.
You will report into the Founders - Rushina Shah (Insane Grain) and Ben Whitehead (Spare Snacks) with cohesive objectives and KPIs
Must be eligible to work in the EU
To learn more about both brands, check out:
www.insanegrain.co.uk and @insane.grain on Instagram
www.sparesnacks.com and @sparesnacks on Instagram