Back in 2009 we started our #drinkinghelps revolution in Hamburg, Germany. Our goal was to challenge the corporate soft drinks giants, dominating the market with their artificial, unhealthy and unethical range of fizzy pops. Instead of maximising shareholder value, we wanted to find new ways of supporting the workers along our supply chain; from the tea growers in Sri Lanka to the smallholder passion fruit farmers in Peru.
That’s why our range of soft drinks supports Fairtrade and sustainable, organic methods of agriculture. What’s more, 5p from every bottle sold goes to the Lemonaid & ChariTea Foundation, with over £5 million raised for social projects in the growing regions to date. You can find out more about the work of our Foundation here.
Oh, and you will be able see for yourself - because every year, we pack our backpacks and go on project trips to meet the growers and our project partners, like the Heiveld Cooperative in South Africa.
Since our humble beginnings in Germany, our team of global game changers has grown to 100+ and now spans across eight countries. We’re currently a team of six in the UK, responsible for sales and marketing of Lemonaid & ChariTea across the country. With a fast post-pandemic-growth, we need more hands on deck to help win and look after new business in Central and West London.
A quick note on the place of work: We meet on Mondays in our Southwark office for a weekly sales update, team meeting and 1-on-1s. Besides that, you will be able to work predominantly remotely and on your own terms, planning your sales trips independently without the need to commute into the office.
Your main responsibilities & what your role entails:
Win new Lemonaid & ChariTea business
- Get face to face with potential customers like cafes, bars, restaurants, health food stores and supermarkets and introduce them to Lemonaid & ChariTea to make sure that they recognise how awesome it will be to support our cause by stocking our drinks
- Mastermind and execute our Lemonaid & ChariTea sales strategy to make sure that we are looking good across Central and West London and a few other counties North and West of London you're responsible for
Build and develop relationships with key customers
- Work with stockists and distributors to drive rate of sale across all sites
- Create your very own strategies and schedules to get the most out of working with our key clients and get them excited about working with us
- Get involved in the local design, music and festival scene to build partnerships with the leading events and the opinion leaders behind them
Make the brand ‘pop’ in store so that EVERYONE is talking about Lemonaid & ChariTea
- Utilise ‘point of sale’ materials to help our customers build their outdoor seating from our empty crates, upcycle empty bottles into vases, soap dispensers, etc. and let the brand stand out creatively
- Help to choose, organise and run some of the best events in the business – from trade shows to gallery openings, cocktail nights to university pop-ups
To always show an eagerness to learn, develop and become a true ambassador of Lemonaid & ChariTea
- Have fun and enjoy being part of a team of young, enthusiastic game changers
- Work hard, passionately and efficiently
- Be curious. Wonder often. Challenge the status quo
We’ve told you a little bit about us; now it’s all about you
- You hold an undergraduate degree or have equivalent work experience
- FMCG or hospitality experience welcome but not strictly necessary
- Excellent and confident communicator with superior organisational skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and juggle priorities
- Self-sufficient - can make and deliver on your own work plans
- Infectious enthusiasm, switched-on and authentic
- A proactive, extrovert approach and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Good knowledge of office systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Driving licence
- Flexible and adaptable as the role changes and grows with the company
This young company is forward-looking and ambitious, with a strong commitment to its core social mission. If you share these values and possess the necessary skills and attitude then we look forward to hearing from you.