About the job
The Household of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge supports the official and charitable work of Their Royal Highnesses.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our PA team in support of the Assistant Private Secretary to HRH The Duchess of Cambridge (APS). This role will provide wide-ranging administrative and operational support to the Assistant Private Secretary.
- Manage and control the APS’s diary, liaise with contacts, arrange meetings internally and externally, acting as their front-line representative with all stakeholders;
- Monitor incoming correspondence, emails and telephone calls for the APS, take and relay accurate and timely messages and answer any queries where possible;
- Provide administrative and coordinating support on specific projects for the APS and wider office;
- Draft briefings for the APS as required, liaising with other contacts/officials as necessary;
- Support the Events & Visits team with preparation for visits and events, and where appropriate, undertake recces with the APS;
- Organise travel arrangements (in conjunction with other relevant individuals as required);
- Manage cycle of regular meetings, including making any necessary logistical arrangements;
- Take minutes at meetings when required and produce documentation in a timely manner;
- Managing efficient and effective filing systems;
- Provide PA and administrative support to other members of the team as required.
The Household believes that the diversity of modern society is its greatest asset. We reflect this in policies to attract, employ and reward the very best talent, regardless of gender, race, ethnic or national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. Our recruitment process enables us to recruit from the widest available pool with an approach which is fair, open and accessible.
It's important to us that all employees are able to contribute to their maximum potential and that we can draw strength from our diversity. That's why we’re continuing work to make our organisation diverse and inclusive.
- Previous secretarial and administrative experience, including drafting of business correspondence and diary management;
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and keyboard skills (60 wpm accurate typing);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to draft correspondence to a high standard and to take accurate notes of meetings at speed;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with proven experience of dealing with a broad spectrum of people;
- Proven ability to work under pressure while remaining calm and meeting strict deadlines;
- Ability to prioritise own work and an ability to think and plan ahead;
- A flexible and mature approach and the ability to use initiative and common sense;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to complete set tasks;
- High level of professionalism and self-motivation;
- Ability to develop good working relationships, and to work constructively and collaboratively as part of a team as well as across offices;
- Knowledge of the diversity of communities in the United Kingdom, in the Commonwealth and worldwide;
- An awareness of, and interest in, TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's work and activities.