Would you like to join a rapidly growing company where you can grow your own product vision and strategy and build products that will positively impact millions of young people around the world?
Are you a passionate, scrappy, highly analytical and data driven Product Analyst who has experience launching and analyzing high quality and reliable products to the market in the startup world?
Virtual Internships is an EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs for young people to pursue their dream career.
We’re proud to be on ‘Tech in Asia’s Top 50 Rising Startup’ List (No.6 in Vietnam) and backed by some of the world’s top investors including Sequoia, 500 Global, among others. You'll be joining a diverse and passionate team of 120+ working in our Ho Chi Minh City (in Vietnam), and across 20+ countries that believe remote work is here to stay.
If you want to work in a flexible working environment where you are responsible for advancing the quality of the product by identifying and collaborating within the product team to implement product functions and features that improve the overall experience of existing and upcoming products, then read on!
What you will do
Working with a world-class globally distributed team, as a Product Analyst, you will own the role of turning data into actionable convincing stories that influence the product team to prioritize product quality to provide the best possible experience to users. We are looking for Product Analysts across Internship Management, Student Experience, Company Management, Partner Experience & Internal Systems, and Product Support teams.
- Continuously identify and analyze user experience data, develop tracking metrics, and ensure all product strategies and roadmaps are as data driven as possible
- Own the implementation of data collection and tracking of respective Product segment
- Develop deep analytical insights around product usability and experience across data sets on the VI platform by applying quantitative analysis skills towards improving product experience
- Work in squads with Product, Engineering and Design team members to drive product execution through data driven decisions, as well as design and execute rapid experiments to test hypotheses, iterate and implement product improvements
- Build strategic relationships and communicate regularly with business and other teams within VI, and initiate and drive positive impact on product by influencing and collaborating with them
- Present insights and recommendations to VI leadership and C-suite using high quality visualizations and concise messaging.
- Create, manage and own Dashboards (pertaining to your squad) for Product and other cross-functional teams
What do we offer?
- Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Remote working - with a budget to support your productivity and your choice of where to work from
- Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
- Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
- Company Laptop- paid for by VI
- Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
- Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
- Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience and Head of Intern Experience
More about Virtual Internships
We’re on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all and preparing young people for the future of work.
To do this, we partner with innovative universities, foundations, governments, and companies from around the world.
Some Highlights include:
- Selected by HolonIQ as a Top 100 EdTech Startup 2021
- Selected by Jisc & Emerge Education as a Top 20 EdTech Startup ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges
- Featured on Forbes, BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
- Winners of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
Product Analysts will have deep ownership within their Product vertical and squad to build an environment of data driven product understanding, mapping and decision making, and must have the ability to synthesize data into actionable insights towards making the product more customer centric.
- 3+ years of full-time analytics experience in a fast paced, product-led growth environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Experienced and thriving in situations of having complete ownership of initiating and driving projects with minimum guidance and oversight
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and creating stories from data
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis, models and platforms/tools such as MS Excel, SQL, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, R/Python or equivalent tools
Good to have
- An engineering (BE / BTech) degree or an equivalent degree in analytics
- Experience working in a Startup environment: “thriving in chaos, but working towards structure”
- Instinctive knowledge of data presentation to get point across quickly and effectively across internal squad as well as business & other teams
- Ability to declutter noise through data, and present data-backed ways forward for product