Would you like to join a rapidly growing company where you can grow your own product vision and strategy and build products that will positively impact millions of young people around the world?
Are you a passionate, scrappy, user experience obsessed, data-driven Product Designer who has experience designing and launching high quality and reliable products and user experiences to the market in the startup world?
Virtual Internships is an EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs for young people to pursue their dream career.
We’re proud to be on ‘Tech in Asia’s Top 50 Rising Startup’ List (No.6 in Vietnam) and backed by some of the world’s top investors including Sequoia, 500 Global, among others. You'll be joining a diverse and passionate team of 120+ working in our Ho Chi Minh City (in Vietnam), and across 20+ countries that believe remote work is here to stay.
If you want to work in a flexible working environment where you are responsible for advancing the quality of the product by identifying and collaborating within the product team to implement product functions and features that improve the overall experience of existing and upcoming products, then read on!
What you will do
Working with a world-class globally distributed team, as a Product Designer, you will work towards strategizing, designing and developing incredible user experiences for stakeholders (students/interns, companies, partners) on the Virtual Internship platform. We are looking for Product Designers across Internship Management, Intern Experience, Company Experience, and Partner Experience & Internal Systems teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Product, Engineering, Business and Operations to design and build impactful and scalable solutions
- Define new Product experiences for interns, companies and partners (based on online/offline real world experiences) that are aligned with Virtual Internship’s business objectives via mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, and other UX artifacts
- Actively contribute to design decisions and goals of Virtual Internships, as well as coach other Product Designers and be coached by them towards becoming better designers as well as user experience experts
- Evangelize Virtual Internships experience for diverse users systematically, be active in conducting usability testing rounds, and effectively use qualitative and quantitative data to drive and measure success
What do we offer?
- Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
- Remote working - with a budget to support your productivity and your choice of where to work from
- Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
- Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
- Company Laptop- paid for by VI
- Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
- Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
- Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience and Head of Intern Experience
More about Virtual Internships
We’re on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all and preparing young people for the future of work.
To do this, we partner with innovative universities, foundations, governments, and companies from around the world.
Some Highlights include:
- Selected by HolonIQ as a Top 100 EdTech Startup 2021
- Selected by Jisc & Emerge Education as a Top 20 EdTech Startup ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges
- Featured on Forbes, BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
- Winners of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
Product Designer will have deep ownership within their Product vertical and squad to build an environment of data driven product understanding, mapping and decision making, and must have the ability to synthesize data into actionable insights towards making the product more customer centric.
- 3+ years of product design experience in a fast paced or startup environment
- Strong design portfolio showcasing UX/UI design skills, product thinking, empathy, curiosity and business acumen
- Experience leading a design project or vertical
- Running product discovery processes including user conversations and feedback, and applying feedback received into the design process
- Ability to zoom in and zoom out to visualize the long term product goals and scaling product design process accordingly in order to integrate with rest of the product
- Strong problem solving mindset and analytical skills
- Experience delivering strategic product experiences, and working with design systems
Good to have
- A degree or diploma in Design; or having attended a well-known Design course online
- Knowledge or experience of student personas/journeys, internship systems and structures, edtech sector particularly the ‘higher education’ edtech space
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, having prior understanding of stakeholder management and influencing stakeholders without authority
- Some degree of knowledge of adjacent functional areas such as Product Management, Product Analytics, Engineering, and Growth Marketing