About the role
Are you passionate about conscious living, and the wellbeing of people and the
planet? Do you have strong commercial awareness, excellent organisational and strategic
skills? Are you someone who spots growth opportunities? Are you someone with a strong existing network, who is also good at forging new relationships? Can you work collaboratively as part of a wider team, and with a broad range of personalities?
If so this might be the role for you!
42 Acres has made a name for itself as an exceptional Dry Hire venue and we have hosted hundreds of amazing retreats over the years for visiting practitioners. However, we are far more than that. With 22 stunning rooms across the site (and more coming soon, including a camp site with bell tents), expansive onsite facilities, high-quality catering and a profound vision, we are primed to establish ourselves as a leading destination for eco-travel and alternative stays within the UK.
In 2022, we will also be launching our own programme of retreats and events, led by our highly specialised in-house team to drive revenue and bring our philosophy to life. We believe there is a sizable untapped opportunity here for both consumer-facing and organisational retreats. As a regenerative working farm, we also have plans for product development, including sustainable mushroom farming.
42 Acres is seeking an expert Sales & Marketing Manager responsible for developing and implementing strategies to grow business. This role will lead on Business Development, Commercial Sales and Marketing and support with Programming. This role is for someone who loves and believes in what they are doing.
This role is for an instinctively sleeves-rolled-up, hard worker and all-rounder with financial and commercial acumen. Demonstrating genuine belief in the mission and vision, leadership, entrepreneurship and loves working as part of a team. There will be a requirement to work on-site 1-2 days per week but otherwise can work remotely.
We will consider applicants wanting to work either full-time or part-time (ideally at least 4 days per week).
You will be
- Develop and implement our strategic sales plan and associated marketing plans
- Find growth opportunities and possibilities for expansion with an eye on competitor developments.
- Implement new customer acquisition strategies and manage existing client relationships.
- Drive revenue across the whole business to meet sales targets.
- Build relationships with corporate clients, organisations and strategic partners.
- Oversee our marketing and content efforts to ensure sales targets are reached, including allocating an estimated marketing budget.
- Manage and track expenditures, financial goals and budgets.
- Monitor commercial activities, using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management.
- Be responsible for maximising overall room revenue, ensuring there is effective return and occupancy.
- Find ways to overcome constraints, understand the importance of prioritisation and think “outside the box” when it comes to finding commercial opportunities.
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams/ individuals, including marketing, customer service, event management etc.
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support.
- Organise comprehensive information describing the range of products and services offered by 42 Acres and deliver this information through relevant sales resources and sales channels to existing and potential Guests.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role or in similar industry
- have an impressive track record of delivering multi-channel campaigns which drive sales
- A strong sales background with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience of developing pricing strategies
- Experience of working with ticketing partners
- Excellent copywriting for web, email, print, social and press
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand key business indicators and competitive trends, and develop approaches to these challenges.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Extremely computer literate, with strong budgeting and reporting skills.
- Advanced written communication skills.
What we can offer
- Discounted food and free meals
- Weekly team meals and regular company events
- Opportunities to learn
- Access to personal development and training
- Flexible schedule