Octopus Renewables has recently moved over from Octopus Investments to the Octopus Energy Group. This gives our business a unique proposition in how renewable energy is generated, to how it reaches the final consumer. Due to several rounds of investment, we are looking at growing our generation teams in line with our rapidly scaling business.
We currently manage investments in energy generating assets valued in excess of £4 billion. The assets we invest in and manage are across a range of geographical locations and include solar power parks, wind farms, reserve power plants (gas fired generators), biomass and landfill gas projects as well as anaerobic digestion systems. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a future powered by renewable energy.
Octopus Renewables’ Funds Finance are responsible for the financial reporting and analysis for an expanding portfolio of renewable assets that are owned by a number of Retail, Institutional and Listed Funds. These assets have a growing international presence across the UK, Europe and Australia.
The Senior Management Accountant will be responsible for the delivery of the financial reporting and analysis across the Retail Funds and will be responsible for three management accountants. While much of the day to day operations and accounting is outsourced at the asset (SPV) level, this role will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the management accounts and financial information produced at asset level and therefore will be required to spend time managing the performance of the external accounting teams. This will include supporting and improving information flows between teams, managing the quality of their outputs and establishing appropriate controls.
What you'll do
- Be the business partner for the fund-level finance team – ensuring delivery of information and service in line with the service level agreement
- Review and challenge management accounts provided by external accountants.
- Report on the financial performance of the portfolios at monthly Customer Board meetings.
- Deal with all queries – taking ownership of requests and issues, creating stakeholder goodwill by providing appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Project manage the fund level audits; liaising with external auditors and fund-level finance teams as required.
- Project manage annual budget process
- Review consolidated quarterly management account information
- People management of three management accountants
- Ensure a robust control environment is present throughout the portfolio and, in particular, for onboarding of new assets
- Ad hoc project work as required
What you'll need
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with at least 3 years post qualification experience (preferably gained in a relevant role)
- Good technical knowledge of UK GAAP
- Experience of complex consolidations and acquisition accounting
- Good knowledge of fund accounting and fund structures preferred
- Knowledge of SUN/Vision would be an advantage.
- Highly organised
- Excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to work well with different teams and manage a range of different stakeholders
- Self-motivated and aspirational
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced changing environment
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.