Chief Financial Officer
Are you a Financial Director or CFO with experience in a rapidly scaling or subscription business? Do you have a background in a B2C environment?
We are looking for a brilliantly odd, commercially driven CFO who will assume responsibility for leading all financial aspects of the business including financial reporting and control; cash flow management, FP&A and BI.
You will lead the overall finance function, ensuring that the business has in place adequate systems and processes to enable it to scale and ensure it meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities. You will provide support to the founders and executive team on budget management, fundraising, forecasting and KPI analysis and will support investor relations.
The finance team is still forming and therefore we require a hands-on CFO.
As Chief Financial Officer you will build a strong relationship with the CEO, CMO, COO and Chair working as a valued business partner and supporting the commercial development of the company, as well as where appropriate, challenging the plan
- Build, nurture and develop an effective Finance team. Coordinate effectively with other teams and resources, and support building capability within the company as a whole to achieve company objectives
- Provide dynamic hands-on leadership both to the finance team and more broadly across the business reinforcing the high-performance standards and aspirations of the business
- Be accountable for short, medium and long term forecasting and budget planning.
- Constructively challenge business assumptions in relation to key operational streams such as marketing efficiency, sourcing and supply chain efficacy and customer experience.
- Developing a finance function, including systems, processes and controls, that will enable the business to scale
- Interacting and managing key external relationships including investors, auditors and suppliers
- Lead the financial planning process, by developing KPIs and appropriate business analysis, revenue projections and forecasting processes across all functions to help decision-making
- Drive management thinking to identify cost, revenue and margin opportunities across the business. Lead key change initiatives that underpin these objectives
- Manage the peaks and troughs of seasonal cash flow to ensure exposure to the business is limited.
- Supporting the founders with any equity or debt financing rounds including providing relevant DD information
- Manage investor reporting as well as financial reporting
- A qualified accountant who has performed as a CFO or Finance Director in a similar environment
- Experience in a D2C B2C business and ideally an understanding of subscription metrics
- Strong belief in “growth but not at all cost” and alignment with our principle of measured and sustainable long term growth
- Experience in a scale-up with several rounds of investment
- Advanced Excel skills including data manipulation and working with and building complex forecasting models and with the ability to interpret and present this information in a visual manner.
- Excellent critical analysis and thinking skills.
- Effective challenger, always looking for a better way of doing things
- Strong interpersonal skills - an inclusive leader with great collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent/full-time
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall is a great space to collaborate. We expect that our Finance team will meet in person on average 2-4 days per month with the flexibility to work remotely for most of their working hours