Board-level hiring is stuck in the past - that’s where Nurole comes in. We were founded by industry veteran Susie Cummings, who realised there has to be a better and fairer way, in the digital age of hiring the world's leaders, beyond little black books and the old boys’ network.
Nurole is the global hiring marketplace working exclusively at board level. Our clients range from listed and private organisations, such as Games Workshop, Uber, and Oddbox, to nonprofits, such as Comic Relief, the University of Oxford, and the RSPCA. We're highly mission-driven and social impact is core to the business model - we believe our unique, tech-driven method casts the net wider for every search and is a fairer, better way to find new and diverse talent. We also discount our fees by 90% for nonprofits and donate to charity every time one of our members recommends a placed candidate in a compensated role.
Our aim is for Nurole to become the way for boards to hire. We’ve already placed over 1,500 people, helping 10 people find a non-executive role each week of 2021. We’re growing fast. The Financial Times listed us in the top 1,000 fastest-growing organisations in Europe for the third time in 2022.
By hiring the right people, good boards become great. Great boards change their organisations, and great organisations change the world.
The work we do matters. We’d love you to join us.
We are in the Financial Times fastest growing startups in Europe for the 4th year in a row. Nurole has now made c. 1,500 board placements in the last few years and has built up a community of 50,000+ board members in 100+ countries. As we continue to scale and seek to become the global board level recruiter we are expanding our sales team to deliver the next chapter of growth.
Inbound business development:
- Managing all inbound enquiries for healthcare organisations.
- Working closely with the client success team to ensure client expectations are met throughout the search.
Outbound new client origination and management:
- Identifying sales opportunities within the healthcare sector; networking and building relationships with senior stakeholders to drive new business.
- Identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes/news flow.
- Setting up meetings with prospective clients to sell Nurole's products and services.
- Managing a sales pipeline from lead generation to close, clearly articulating the sales proposition.
- Preparing pitches/proposals using existing sales materials.
- Working with the marketing team to develop innovative marketing campaigns aimed at your target market.
- Being highly motivated and proactively seeking opportunities to grow your sector and enhance the Nurole brand.
- Working within the sales team to improve the sales process.
- Supporting the development of the platform: contributing your thoughts and ideas on an on-going basis, which will feed into the systematic testing of a more sophisticated, data-led and UX-friendly experience.
- You are excited about our vision.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, especially at board and C-level.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience either in a B2B sales role or as a headhunter working on board level assignments.
- An understanding of the recruitment/executive search industry, and how it is evolving.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation abilities.
- High levels of energy, enthusiasm, and tenacity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
- A desire to independently learn and build an emerging client book in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
- Strong process management skills, with the ability to contribute to building new processes and systems.
- Experience with CRM software, ideally HubSpot.
- A passion for, or interest in, how technology will have a positive impact on our society.
- We want people to be proud to work at Nurole – because of what we do, how we do it and what we stand for.
- Throw yourself into your work and we’ll commit to you.
- We don’t mind if you make mistakes – as long as you learn from them.
- We’re big believers in data. This should guide everything we do.
- We strive to be a very human tech company. We want everyone to feel valued and able to do their best work.
Nurole’s culture is built on three core values:
- Be Bold – moon shoot, own it, be brilliant.
- Build Trust – always be kind, nothing beneath us, givers not takers.
- Be Better – growth mindset, black box thinking, autonomy mastery purpose.
- Industry leading commission structure.
- Share options.
- 25 days holiday p.a. & bank holidays.
- Private health insurance (after 12 months of service).
- Regular team events & off-sites.
Founder - Susie Cummings:
Susie, a former top-tier headhunter with over 30 years’ experience and founder of one of Europe’s most successful retained executive search firms, is the founder of Nurole.
Susie started her working life at Advent Venture Partners, where it soon became clear that getting the right senior management team was as important to the success of a business as the strategy or securing the capital itself. This philosophy is at the heart of everything Nurole does today.
CEO - Oliver Cummings:
Oliver joined the company after a decade working as a private equity investor, most recently as a partner at BXR Partners, an international private investment group with a 19-year track record of superior investment performance across a variety of industry sectors, and previously at Goldman Sachs Capital Partners.
Oliver is currently a non-executive director of Thomas’s London Day Schools, a privately-owned schools group with over 2,000 students across London. He also serves on the advisory board of Potage (www.potage.co.uk), recently voted in the top 8 food delivery services in the UK by GQ.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is part of the Nurole DNA, as our platform is designed to attract and identify more diverse candidates for every role.
As a company, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation, but we know we have work to do. We recently set up a Diversity Committee and appointed a Diversity Champion to drive our efforts in this area. It is looking at both our internal data and policies, and how the Nurole platform empowers people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.