At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
The UK government spends millions every year on employment support and tackling homelessness. Your role will be to build on the success of Beam’s established sales team to identify and capture new opportunities for Beam to take an increasing share of this funding. In doing so, you will help change millions of lives.
You will proactively identify new opportunities in untapped verticals and lead the development and execution of go-to-market strategies to secure new revenue. Over time, you will directly lead and develop a sales team to drive Beam’s continued growth.
You’re a talented senior salesperson with a stellar track record securing high value (multi million+) contracts. You enjoy getting your head around complex ecosystems and are a natural networker, able to create new opportunities and connections in slow-moving and complex environments.
A strategic thinker, you are able to spot opportunities others can’t. You are deeply analytical, comfortable sizing a market using diverse and incomplete data sets, modelling the savings created by Beam and managing your own pipeline and revenue forecasts.
A strong people leader, you are able to motivate a sales team and feel excited by the prospect of building a culture that balances revenue growth with team wellbeing.
You may be new to Tech for Good or working with government stakeholders. But you’re ready for a role which leverages your sales skills in transforming the lives of the most disadvantaged people in the UK and beyond. Every partnership your team closes leads us further towards our company north star; the number of lives we can change.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
We value diversity and are open to hearing from a broad range of experiences. If you are unsure, please apply.
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life
- Identifying untapped verticals across the UK, acting as a sales radar and in-house consultant to our stellar sales team
- Developing and leading the execution of a winning go-to-market strategy in verticals you identify, including:
- Collaborating with our comms team to strengthen Beams brand
- Networking and building strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Managing complex, high value sales negotiations and bid development
- Flexibly taking the lead on execution or handing delivery over to others
- Accountable for hitting revenue targets as we scale to >10x our current size, including taking responsibility for pipeline management and KPIs
- Leading and developing a high performing team
- Flexibly taking on management responsibilities as our team grows
- Coaching, developing and role modelling for a talented team
- Maintaining our high-performance and fun culture where your team is happy, focused and deeply motivated to succeed
- Working with our Talent team to attract, hire and onboard top talent
- Playing a leading role in developing the proposition for government stakeholders, our public sector brand and communications strategy
- Passionate about innovation and social impact and committed to promoting equality of opportunity
- Action-oriented and highly adaptable. You’re excited by the prospect of a varied role with a mix of strategic development, people leadership and execution
- A strong strategic thinker and natural problem solver. You are able to spot opportunities and break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Highly analytical, comfortable analysing data to identify and present actionable insights
- Excited by building a world-class team with a high-performance culture that balances social impact with team wellbeing
- An experienced negotiator, able to exceed sales targets in a complex sales environment
- Excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and proactively creating new opportunities
- Significant sales or business development experience in either a high growth tech company, professional services or in public sector procurement
- A personal track record of exceeding sales quota, with experience selling a complex B2B product or selling to public sector customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with a strong sense of diplomacy. You are able to build relationships and credibility with a range of stakeholders including senior public sector leaders
- Experience building effective go-to-market strategies in either a leadership or consulting role
- A proven ability to develop and manage a sales strategy and pipeline
- Ideal: Good working knowledge of the public sector’s commissioning and procurement processes and a strong network in government
We’re a team of over 50 working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and at home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we're one of the 10 hottest startups in London according to WIRED.
We’re proud to be rated a top company to work for by Escape the City and The Dots and are committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here. We especially want to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage.
63% of people we support come from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we can serve these people best when we’re a diverse, inclusive team.
- Salary of £70-£100k - highly competitive for seed stage tech-for-good
- EMI-qualifying share options
- in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC
- £500 annual personal development budget
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Weekly team lunch in our Moorgate office
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office or at home (2 days in the office, 3 from home)
- Your own financial wellbeing coach, through Bippit
We take hiring seriously. We have a five-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- A 30 minute call with either our Chief of Staff, Rachel Astall or COO and Co-Founder Seb Barker
- Remote task: 2.5 hour task, followed by a 30 minute debrief with Rachel
- Scenarios: 45 minute scenarios based interview with Seb
- Presentation: 60 minute strategic sales presentation with Seb and a senior member of our sales team
- Culture and values: 3 short interviews with other Beamers, including with our CEO Alex Stephany
Our interviews usually take place over Zoom. It usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round.
We're a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and make a real difference, get in touch.