Origin is an aspirational brand and positioned as one of the leading speciality coffee roasters in the UK and Europe. We source and roast incredible direct trade coffees where quality, seasonality, provenance, and traceability underpin our supply chain. We work at farm level
building long term commercially sustainable relationships with farmers and cooperatives. We look to initiatives that support triple bottom line sustainability and in doing so balance purpose with profit.
Our key drivers at Origin are around quality, people, culture, and sustainability, to drive exponential revenue growth. At its most basic level Origin wholesale supply speciality coffee to the leading and most progressive speciality coffee and hospitality businesses in the
UK and Europe. And because we do what we do so well, we also own and operate six of our own speciality coffee shops across London and Cornwall as well as a rapidly expanding ecommerce business.
The culture within Origin threads through everything we do. We pride ourselves on how inclusive and diverse we are. But we do not rest on our laurels and continuously review our position and behaviours. We actively seek a range of attributes and characteristics in our employees, as we know how this energises our teams and outputs and keeps us striving for the best.
This role will join our enthusiastic team in Customer Service to provide personalised and thoughtful support to our customers. The focus will be with our e-commerce customers, confidently processing orders, providing recommendations and assistance.
As the voice of Origin--one that filters through all daily interactions, it is key that your enthusiasm shines through in every conversation you start or pick up, carrying our message clearly. You will quickly learn who and what we are--what we stand for and where we are heading, and you’ll share that
in every interaction.
Key working relationships are with all major departments; from Marketing to understand and relay messages; Technical, troubleshooting and assisting with the purchasing of machinery; Education, booking courses and providing guidance in course selection; and Production, maintaining daily communication with the whole team to ensure customer requirements are met.
As part of the wider Customer Service Team, you will also provide support to our wholesale customers, processing orders, collating account information, providing product updates and general guidance.
The role responsibilities
A customer focused role, directly impacting the consumer experience with knowledge, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- To deliver outstanding and carefully considered customer service by phone, email, and in person
- Daily processing of ecommerce orders and management of the customer experience
- Manage and resolve customer grievances, providing patient and effective problem solving
- To maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Origin’s product offerings so all conversations provide accurate and informative sales activity
- Apply coffee knowledge and experience to guide customers through the various levels of the speciality coffee journey
- Diligently manage units and payments for all orders
- Maintain accurate customer account information including order history, conversations, and digital contact using our stock inventory system and CRM tools
- The daily processing and maintenance of any relevant third-party orders
- To consult with relevant departments, ensuring customer requirements are met and communicated for orders to be dispatched accurately and on time
- Process any returns effectively, reconciling refunds as appropriate
- An ability to collate and share customer feedback as and when required
- Provide support to our subscribers and support the wider team to maintain and improve customer loyalty
- To carefully write gift notes and provide personalisation to applicable orders
- To maintain courier relationships and thoroughly investigate any misplaced or delayed orders
- An ability to record accurate and detailed inventory and invoicing records and well as question and report any anomalies
- Assist other departments as and when required
- To ensure all interactions represent the cores values and behaviours of Origin Coffee
To be successful in this role, these are the things that matter the most:
- A genuine and infectious passion for speciality coffee
- A daily can-do attitude whilst remaining calm and collected
- Careful and diligent – even meticulous – with a good dose of common sense
- Modestly confident and personable, good humoured and trustworthy
- Informal but 100% professional
- An Origin ambassador, through and through
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of strong verbal and written communication style
- Demonstrable experience of working independently and as part of a team led by core values and business objectives
- Good working knowledge of all mo365 packages and digital systems, such as CRM, stock inventory and ecommerce platforms
- Previous experience in a similar role
Essential behavioural competencies:
- An acute eye with meticulous attention to detail with an ability to identify anomalies and mistakes
- The ability to follow company systems and processes
- Efficient, effective, and organised, especially in the digital world
- An ability to recognise the opportunity to upsell, increase revenue and improve customer relationships
- An excellent telephone manner whilst dealing promptly with customer queries whilst remaining patient and professional
- Highly organised and efficient whilst working under pressure.
Salary and Benefits
£20,592 FTE per annum
Nature of contract
Permanent and full-time – flexible working supported
29 days holidays including bank holidays and your birthday off, with additional days accrued after two, three- and four-years’ service
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
We provide industry leading family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and fertility journey leave, pay and support
Employer pension contribution of 3%
Mental Health and Physical First Aid Training
We provide our employees with a toolkit for both preventing and addressing mental health crises in and out of work, providing genuine support, safety, and happiness in the workplace
Employee Assistant Programme
A comprehensive suite of support from an (EAP) including support with physical, mental, and financial wellness at work
Continued professional development
We invest in all our employees by supporting personal development, encouraging you to broaden your experience and learning potential
Everyone who works for Origin can embark on the SCA training programme. Depending on your readiness to learn you can dip your toe in or immerse yourself fully. It’s quite addictive!
An employee referral scheme
Once you join Origin, you’ll want to introduce likeminded people to us. When you do, they settle in and pass their probation, you earn £200
Time off for volunteering, cycle to work scheme, free coffee at work and to take home, discounts in all our cafés and on our merchandise and partners. And of course, regular social and team events serving exceptional food, drink, and of course, amazing coffee!