PEGASYSis an advisory group focusing on developmental impact in emerging economies. We are trusted advisors and partners to the public and private sectors, helping them develop vital infrastructure and manage natural resources. We are headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa. We address global issues, but our work is focused on, and delivered predominantly in, South, East and West Africa.
PEGASYS’ London office enables us to drive closer collaboration with our UK and European clients. Our London team focuses on issues associated with policy, strategy and innovative finance for development, strategic infrastructure, clean energy, climate change and nature. Pegasys is now looking to recruit a dynamic Analyst. This is an opportunity to join a small but growing team and play a significant role in shaping our growth. Regular travel to Southern and East Africa can be expected in the longer term.
- Full-time position.
- Location – London.
- Hybrid Working Model
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the production of high-quality policy, economic, financial, business model and institutional analysis to support the delivery of projects.
- Support the development and presentation of findings to clients, partners and senior decision-makers in government, development finance and the private sector with a high level of confidence.
- Work with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams to tackle complex social, environmental, and natural resource challenges, focusing on Africa.
- Contribute actively to developing new business opportunities and proposal development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s degree in an appropriate field including (but not limited to) Economics, Engineering, Finance, International Relations, Law, Development Studies, Public Policy or Politics, Environmental Policy.
- 1 to 3 years of experience and a background in strategy consulting, research or development finance.
- Demonstrable interest and/or practical experience in working in frontier markets in Africa.
- A demonstrable interest in finding solutions to the pressing social, economic, and environmental issues that our work aims to address.
- Prior experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa and exposure to business and policy challenges in the infrastructure or natural resource sectors.
- Experience in delivering projects related to clean energy, climate change, nature-based solutions, public finance and infrastructure investment.
- Demonstrated capacity in financial/economic analysis of infrastructure projects and businesses.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
This role calls for several specific skills and characteristics, including:
- The appetite and ability to work in a start-up environment in London.
- Comfortable working in frontier markets and finding robust approaches to analysis and problem-solving in environments sometimes characterized by limited data availability.
- The highest ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills matched by strong quantitative abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in diverse teams with colleagues from a range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- A strong commitment to making the world a better place, and a belief that a small group of committed individuals can have a significant impact
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK.