PEGASYSis an advisory group focusing on developmental impact in emerging economies. We are trusted advisors and partners to the public and private sectors, helping them manage natural resources and develop vital infrastructure. We are headquartered in Cape Town, South Africa. We address global issues, but our work is focused on, and delivered predominantly in, South, East and West Africa.
PEGASYS’ London office enables us to drive closer collaboration with our UK and European clients. Our London team focuses on issues associated with policy, strategy and innovative finance for development, strategic infrastructure, clean energy and climate change. We are now looking to recruit a Senior Climate Change Consultant. This individual will support the delivery of our portfolio of climate policy and climate finance work and deliver long-term consulting and project implementation assignments.
Senior Climate Change Consultant role
- Full-time position.
- Location – London.
- Hybrid Working Model.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Will include but not be limited to:
- Producing high-quality research and analysis on climate policy, strategy, finance & implementation.
- Support our Climate Lead to build a hub of expertise on evolving climate policy, Just Transition & climate finance issues, for clients and internal teams.
- Support client engagements focusing on climate policy, planning, finance mobilisation, and climate finance tracking processes in collaboration with other climate experts in the firm.
- Supporting clients to apply for, secure, and deploy climate finance into specific projects.
- Managing teams of consultants and external experts to deliver client assignments in a fast-paced international environment and owning project deliverables.
- Playing an active role in driving the growth of our climate change team through business acquisition, direct sales activities and responding to tendered public sector opportunities.
- Building & maintaining active networks with technical partners, clients, and global sources of climate finance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-graduate degree in an appropriate field including (but not limited to) Development Studies, (Development) Finance and Economics, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental or Natural Resource Economics, Public Policy, or Public Administration.
- 4+ years of professional experience including a minimum of 2 years of experience in a strategy consulting / management consulting / or engineering consultancy or banking environment, with a strong professional focus on climate change advisory services.
- Strong financial acumen and experience, ideally demonstrated by working with commercial or Development Finance Institutions (including development partners).
- Experience in providing both research and advisory services on climate change in frontier markets (Africa experience will be particularly valued).
- Financial modelling experience
- Foreign language proficiency in French or Portuguese.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
This role calls for several specific skills and characteristics in the candidate, including but not limited to:
- Self-motivated and self-driven, with the ability to work independently and deliver tasks with minimal supervision or guidance.
- An energetic problem-solver, who is open-minded with multi-perspective views on development finance, governance, systems, policies and broader developmental issues.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to interpret and apply financial information.
- A team player who is productive working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Desire to contribute towards making the world a better place, and belief that a small group of committed and hard-working individuals can have a significant impact
- Intent to develop a profile as a globally recognized subject matter/domain expert in climate change.
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.