The Portland Trust was established to promote peace and stability between Israelis and Palestinians through economic development.
We facilitate sustainable economic development through catalysing initiatives to build quality employment and thriving private sectors for both. Our work advances the growth of strong societies in Israel and Palestine based on socio-economic mobility and inclusion for minorities and marginalised groups.
The internship will be focused on research in the areas of developing financial infrastructure, investments, and enabling infrastructure, with the overarching aim of building economic resilience in Palestine and bolstering universal basic services. The position involves working closely with a diverse team and with a large array of international partners, requiring excellent communication skills, and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowledge of Middle East issues is highly desirable.
Role & Responsibilities:
The role of the graduate intern involves three main areas of responsibility:
1) Economic and Financial Analysis:
a. Provide economic and financial input to Portland publications and analysis of the Palestinian and Israeli economies;
b. Provide economic and financial input into Portland projects by contributing to relevant studies;
c. Preparing economic impact assessments of current and future projects;
2) Project Management Assistance:
a. Liaising with regional offices and partners;
b. Preparing and designing presentations as needed;
a. Assisting in producing supporting documents such as project plans, reports and analysis;
The Portland Trust is a small and dynamic organisation and therefore a degree of flexibility and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of work as the need arises is essential.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong academic record in a relevant subject
- Strong research and analytical skills with an ability to produce high quality research and written work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to liaise confidently both within and outside of the organisation
- Ability to work independently, delivering quality results within agreed timetables
- Understanding of the technology/information, energy, health, transport, housing or agriculture sectors is desirable