The Cool Farm Alliance (CFA) is a not-for-profit member organisation that owns and operates the Cool Farm Tool (CFT), which is used to measure on-farm greenhouse gas emissions, carbon sequestration and other environmental sustainability indicators. Usage of the CFT and membership of the CFA has grown rapidly, to become a globally leading quantification tool, decision support and convening platform for many of the world’s leading brands such as Unilever, Danone and ABInBev, as well as Universities, NGO’s and consultancies.
The mission of the Cool Farm Alliance is to accelerate the transition to regenerative and sustainable agriculture by providing globally aligned, credible and science-based metrics, tools and resources that create impact. Further details on the Alliance can be found on our website.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to join the Cool Farm management team. The Communications Manager is responsible for creating high-quality content and managing delivery through all communication channels – website, social media, events, press releases, case studies, articles and media opportunities building brand credibility and stature.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and team player with brilliant presentation and organisational skills, a passion for agriculture and sustainability and a desire to work in and contribute to a close knit highly motivated staff. Above all, the role requires a proactive, dynamic approach to meeting the challenges and pace of growth of the Alliance and help keep the membership and prospective members engaged and inspired by all the great work the Cool Farm is collectively delivering.
The Communications Manager will develop and lead the overall communications and marketing strategy for the Cool Farm Alliance, aligned to the vision and mission of the organisation.
- Lead Cool Farm’s digital presence by producing and managing structure and content for online channels (social media & website), including case studies, marketing materials, publications, internal and external newsletters and event announcements.
- Build and maintain Cool Farm’s external engagement agenda, identify external speaking engagements and develop marketing material and key messages for presentations.
- Translate Cool Farm news and projects into engaging content tailored to different audiences and channels.
- Design, manage and coordinate the production and distribution of the Annual Report.
- Create structures and processes for others to participate in content development within the organisation and manage the communications schedule through a year-round communications calendar.
- Further develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting structures to measure the impact of the communications strategy.
- Maintain good working relationships with staff, members, external content creators (freelancers) and external partners. Essential requirements An inspiring team player, experienced in leading communications content and marketing in a scale up environment.
- Passion for working towards sustainable agriculture and food systems in multi-stakeholder environments.
- 8+ years’ experience in communications.
- Relevant Bachelor or Master's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Strong understanding of different online channels and how to develop and deliver engaging content and digital campaigns for different audiences, using optimal channels & timing.
- Experience in tracking and measuring the impact of content and social media campaigns.
- Excellent organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills, eye for detail, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and connect with a purpose driven virtual team.
- Experience working in environmental sustainability.
- Business proficiency in other European languages.
- Experience working in topic related areas such as greenhouse gas quantification, agriculture, industry alliances or FMCG food & beverage sector.
About the team
This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The team is non-hierarchical and works collaboratively in service of the vision and mission of the Cool Farm Alliance. It is host to some world class expertise in the areas of science and methodology for agricultural GHG Emissions and biodiversity impact.
The Cool Farm is a virtual organisation, and the role is home based. It is desirable that the candidate is located in Europe, and have the ability for international travel as much as 4 times a year.
This is a part- time, (0.6 FTE) employed position. We offer flexibility for the individual to choose patterns of work to suit their lifestyle and commitments.