What’s the job?
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer Intern to join our team in providing life-changing services for rural homes in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We make software that allows distributors to provide those essential services affordably using mobile payments to over 1,000,000 people, adding thousands more every month.
We hope to do a lot more with an extra person on board! In particular, the UI/UX Designer Intern is responsible for how PaygOps (our fintech software solution) interface feels. You will leverage the understanding of users’ emotional and functional needs to create an enjoyable experience. This is a paid internship.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Smart people who:
... are involved in Visual Design
... are excited to learn new things
... are independent and flexible
... work well with others
● Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
● Conduct layout & design adjustments based on feedback
● Prepare and present drafts to internal teams
● Participating in weekly design meetings & reviews
We are the right fit for you if you’re studying UI/UX design, UI design, web design, graphic design or equivalent relevant major. Also, if you have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
● Leadership qualities and potential
● Experience with Sketch, Figma or other UI/UX design software
● Ability to learn other software programs
● Strong verbal and written communication skills required